Corsair Community

H100i V2 - Loud Whirring Noise

Dissent

Hello all!

I've owned the Corsair H100i V2 for two months now and everything seemed great. I've had my CPU fan header set to full speed in the BIOS from day one and I'm using CL4 and have no other fan control applications running.

I normally have a noise cancelling headset on, so I never heard anything wrong with it. However, I started working from home last week and need to use a phone headset that only covers one ear, so now I hear everything. My H100i V2 is making some awful whirring noise every other minute for about 30 seconds or so and it's driving me crazy. I monitored my fan and pump speed during the times when the sound was happening and they weren't adjusting in a significant way that would lay immediate blame on what portion it is. The pump flutters between 1860-1920 rpm always. The fans were hovering around 1020-1080 rpm. The water temp is around 30c.

I've recorded the sound. It kicks in at 6 seconds and becomes quite noticeable around the 9 second mark here: http://vocaroo.com/i/s00qrMSH5V6b

Any advice is appreciated, thanks! :)

Archived