Corsair Community

Need help with K70 red led brown switches

Midorimono

Hello everyone. Im not sure where to ask or who to ask about my current predicament and since its regarding Corsair K70 I thought I'd post it up here to see if I can get some help. I recently purchased a refurbished corsair K70 brown switches and it is my first mechanical keyboard. Received the keyboard today and upon connecting the usb to my pc it always comes up with "Unknown Device" on Device Manager. No lights on the keyboard(not even the 3 lights on the top right)whatsoever. I wanted to know if I got a DOA or am I just missing some driver somewhere to get it to at least light up. My pc reads the keyboard when I plug in the usb with a dvi-d looking picture on it, but not when both usb are plugged in. Thanks in advance.

Windows is up to date and so are all the usb chipset drivers. I even tried a fresh install of Windows 7 and still no lights on the board. I tried uninstalling HID Keyboard on device manager, restarted and plugged the usb(keyboard picture) on usb 2.0 and 3.0 and still nothing. I've tried plugging the usb(with keyboard picture)on usb 3.0 first and still nothing. I also tried it on the usb 2.0 first and it was the same result. Ive checked my bios for H/W i/o's settings and all seem to be in order. I dont know what else im doing wrong. I've also tried installing the Corsair Gaming CUE and plugging in the board, and still no response on the board at all. Just on my pc that says "Unknown Device" with a "!" In front of it.

Archived