Corsair Community

Headset firmware wont update after getting new dongle

Woofah

Hello all, first time posting here.

I recently got a replacement dongle for my Void Wireless Headset. Before I got my replacement dongle, it worked perfectly fine. It actually still works fine, besides the fact that I can't seem to update the headsets' firmware now. It will pop up the small window saying to connect the headset to USB, and when I do that it just stays at that window, it doesn't continue. Not sure what to do.

Have you tried a different USB cable (microUSB to Type A) and a USB port?

Have you tried to update the firmware on another computer?

I didn't think of trying a different usb cable or computer. Will do that now and report back. The USB cable that came with the headset seems to still be good. Charges it still. Either way I'll still try another one.

Does Windows detect the headset without errors when the headset is plugged in via the USB cable?

You can use Devices and Printers under Control Panel to determine whether the headset is detected under Unspecified or Device Manager.

Have you tried the previous version of CUE as well? Does it change anything?

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=138472

Does Windows detect the headset without errors when the headset is plugged in via the USB cable?

You can use Devices and Printers under Control Panel to determine whether the headset is detected under Unspecified or Device Manager.

Have you tried the previous version of CUE as well? Does it change anything?

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=138472

Yes windows detects the headset without any errors. It connect fine.

Ill give an older version of CUE a try.

I know the issue now. The replacement dongle I got is a much older firmware version than what the headset is, so it won't update. I got the last firmware from what was posted in the forum post you linked, and when trying to use them in CUE, it gives the error that its not a valid firmware. Not sure what to do.

Archived