Corsair Community

Messed up my headset?

Hi, so I just bought the Dolby 7.1 Gaming Headset, but now it's not working? I'm posting this in the CUE section because it worked fine until I installed CUI, and now it says that my device is not connected on the device settings page, and the headphones don't work. If anybody has a fix for this, that would be great. Thank you!

Ok your going to have to give a few more details. Which headset. the void? USB or Wireless? Whats your OS? Whats your system specs? Update system specs here

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/profile.php?do=extra

Yeah it's VOID wireless. I'm running a windows 10. I'm running a 32 bit computer, but don't know any more system specs, if you need more please specify.

installed the CUE and its messed up my RIG 7.1 surround headset. ever since I'm getting any sounds from my computer playing back over my mic to everyone else. on top of that everyone started sounding metallic. I managed to get the sounds back to normal but I cant play games while in chat programs anymore without everyone raging.

post this to the corsair tech support literally 15 minutes after this happened and they say it must be my headset and send me a link on how to correctly connect the headset........ then tell me that as what is malfunctioning is not their hardware they cant help me.

next time you install CUE do it while you're in a skype call and listen to it make changes to your drivers. Anyone know why? all I added was a keyboard and mouse yet it changes my audio drivers. can someone please let me know if possible the best way I can have my audio drivers returned to normal and still be able to use CUE or should I just revert my computer and return my keyboard and mouse for being incompatible with my setup. FYI I picked up the K95 and scimitar apart from this major problem I have no issue with them otherwise but for $280 no thanks, id prefer going back to my $40 keyboard and mouse or going to Logitech.

next time you install CUE do it while you're in a skype call and listen to it make changes to your drivers.

You know, they don't put that second line in installers for nothing.

attachment.php?attachmentid=24679&stc=1&d=1458220460

Using the drivers that are being updated is a brilliant way to break said drivers. Close anything that is using audio, uninstall CUE, uninstall whatever drivers you have for your other headset, reboot, then install them all over again. Don't skip a step or just re-install things, because that won't work.

CueInstall.PNG.c7dc33203864bd286b7457165b6ac3e8.PNG

Firstly thank you Elestriel for your reply. when installing keyboard drivers I was not expecting anything to happen to audio but during my first installation I did not have anything running at all. I had to use the on screen keyboard in order to install the CUE for the keyboard drivers as it didn't work through plug and play like the mouse.

I will attempt to uninstall and re-install everything and will post the results here for others. so far you have been a bigger help than the tech support at corsair.

Firstly thank you Elestriel for your reply. when installing keyboard drivers I was not expecting anything to happen to audio but during my first installation I did not have anything running at all. I had to use the on screen keyboard in order to install the CUE for the keyboard drivers as it didn't work through plug and play like the mouse.

I will attempt to uninstall and re-install everything and will post the results here for others. so far you have been a bigger help than the tech support at corsair.

I hope you can get it to work. The audio drivers seem to have some troubles running properly for some people, but once you get everything installed correctly, you should be good from then on out!

Archived