Corsair Community

Keeps rebooting into BIOS

starfish

Hi,

My first problem is computer won't shut down completely I have to wait for the fans to turn off and switch power off to the PSU before it restarts again. Been doing this for six months.

Second problem got this message the other day.

"Power supply surges detected during the previous power on.

Asus Anti-surge was triggered to protect system from unstable power supply unit!

Press F1 to Run Setup"

Won't boot to windows keeps rebooting into BIOS.

I'm using Corsair HX750 I have two PSU I like to know I can use lower wattage PSU. To see HX750 went bad. One is a old 430 watt with one sata power cable. The other the computer I'm using now HP m8327c has 300 watt PSU all sata power cables.

starfish

Thank You

My first thought is you should RMA your power supply if it is still under warranty. My second thought is after shut down do you turn off power to your computer on a power bar? If you do DON'T. As for the shutting down issue,...make sure you are running the latest BIOS for your motherboard,....it may also cure your boot issue as well.

My first thought is you should RMA your power supply if it is still under warranty. My second thought is after shut down do you turn off power to your computer on a power bar? If you do DON'T. As for the shutting down issue,...make sure you are running the latest BIOS for your motherboard,....it may also cure your boot issue as well.

Yes still under warranty.

I use surge protector to turn off power to the computer.

I have the latest BIOS for my motherboard.

Yes I push the case on switch the computer start up and shut down fast then restarts and generate the BIOS message. Does not boot to windows at all.

F1 goes to UEFI BIOS Utility - Advanced Mode - Extreme Tweaker - Exit - Save Changes & Reset - Save Changes & Exit . Does not shut down and restart just recycle back to UEFI BIOS Utility .

I have been approve for RMA.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived