Corsair Community

Work Cooling

bogusman

I have two rigs running H110iGTX coolers one is my Gaming computer which is on all of the time and one is my work computer. I built these computes identical because I absolutely love my gaming computer and I draw for a living so naturally I needed a work computer that would work the same. The only difference is I shut off my work computer when I'm not using it. (Because both have 1200watt power supplies) and really not necessary to run the work computer all of the time, just a waste of electricity. So. Now to my question. I have heard that water coolers are best to left on all of the time or can I shut down my work computer and turn it back on "Every Day?" Or is it best to leave it running? Now if this is true are the Engineers at Corsair confident on this or will they make sure that we can do this in the future?

I use my gaming rig with a h100i GTX 12-16 hrs daily. Not gaming that long of course, but at least 6 hours of the day between my wife, son and myself. We shut it down every night at bedtime. Seems fine so far. 560w for that long...I blame the washer and dryer when the power bill comes....

Bogusman,

If you dont mind me asking where have you read such claims that running the pump 24/7 is best for it?

I am confident that you are able to do a cold boot everyday as I do for my home PC. I am unsure the validity in the claims in which you are posting. To be clear, it is perfectly fine to turn off the pump.

I am an old time gamer. I have been gaming since the early 95windows. DOS Maybe. Since then I have been building computers. I don't know when I heard that keeping water coolers on all the time was best but I just recently had an issue with a water cooler that I left on for months then I turned it off for just a weekend and It wouldn't start. I luckily replaced it with one of your coolers and I have been a little reluctant of shutting it off. I have found that Corsair coolers are much more reliable and I am now starting to relax. Since my post I have been shutting off my work computer on a daily basis and I feel more comfortable on it's performance. Thank you guys for creating such a reliable product.

Archived