Corsair Community

H100i temp

Gimbo

I have been using an H100i for about a year now. Just recently I noticed that the H100i temp is greater then the CPU core temp by about 5F. This never was before, the H100i temp was always a few degrees lower then the CPU temp. I am just wondering if this is something to worry about. Seems everything is working just fine. Am I headed for a failure?

Technically, your core temperatures cannot be below the water temperature (H100i Temp). Can you compare your individual core temperatures to the water temp using another program besides LINK? Anything is fine HWinfo, HWmonitor, AIDA64, etc., but something that does not report an average of the cores.

Also, what kinds of water temperatures are we looking at? At the low end of the scale, particularly on cold boot, you can get some crossover that is most likely down to sensor precision. If this at load, it would be a little more curious.

"Technically, your core temperatures cannot be above the water temperature (H100i Temp)."

I think you mean core temp cannot be below water temp because it can be above water temp. This is under light load or idle. The temps reported are 74-80F. Under heavy load the report is as expected, the water temp is below core temp.

I did mean below. Long morning. Others have reported this occurrence at low temperatures. I am not sure if there has ever been an official comment on it, but it is unlikely to be a indicator of hardware problems. The answer probably lies somewhere between the water sensor accuracy at low temperatures and what the LINK program does with the data. I don't find average core temperatures to be very useful anyway. If you are going to monitor them, use anything that gives you individual core values. If the water temperature reading starts to become erratic, then it may need closer scrutiny. Since the fan speed is based off that value, an inconsistent reading would make control a bit difficult. An value that is always +3C above actual can be predictably adjusted to keep smooth fan changes.

Archived