Corsair Community

corsair CX600 question

vodwuar

Good Evening,

I recently bought all the parts for a new desktop, i got the CX600 PSU to power it. but constantly right now ALL over the internet people seem to be freaking out about how many system failures or complete explosions that this PSU has. even stating that it has fried itself as well as other parts like gpu, CPU, ect ect.

i just wanted to know from the people on this forum is the PSU bad. should i return it and get something else.

parts for my pc listed below.

CPU: Intel Core i5-6500

GPU: MSI Radeon R9 390

MOBO: MSI Z170A PC MATE

RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4

Harddrive: 500GB WD Blue

SSD: 250GB Crucial BX100

Wireless: TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 Dual Band Wireless N900 PAdapter,2.4GHz 450Mbps/5Ghz 450Mbps,

Case: NZXT S340

2 extra NZXT 140mm fans because the case only came with 2 fans

PSU stated above

PCpartpicker.com said everything was compatable and the watts was only around 470 or so, so i fugured the 600 watt power supply would do the trick but the internet freaking out about self destructing power supplies scare me when it took me a while to save up the 1100 for this system and i want it to last.

Thank you for your replies.

• Corsair Employee
We sell a lot of our CX series units which can explain why there are a lot of feedback. However, the number of inquiries we get for our CX units that have issues are minute. Should your CX600 develop any issues over the course of its 3 year (1 year if refurbished) warranty, submit a ticket here.

Archived