Corsair Community

100i GTX

Ziabatsu

So I think I have a similar problem that others have had. My fans are buzzing and it makes me want to punch a hole in my wall.

The device is not showing up in device manager. It's working, obviously, to some extent because my stuff is staying cool, but yeah; I keep reading up on firmware etc that I might need. All I can find is their stupid corsair link software, which doesn't do jack for me. It actually interferes with my AI Suite.

I wish I could get a cash refund and never buy any cooling from corsair again.

It actually interferes with my AI Suite.

If issue is not down to CL it's caused by AI Suite failing to use the Access_SMBUS.HTP.Method, Access_ISABUS.HTP.Method, Access_EC, etc. named mutexes to interlock access to the hardware. It also causes issues for AIDA64, HWiNFO, SIV, etc..

If you run any other monitoring software at the same time as AI Suite sooner or later there will be issues, see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141037

Ty for the replies. Sorry for my delay. I was told by someone that it requires 12 volts, and I may be running less. I'm not really sure how to check or change that, though. I have an Asus Hero 8 motherboard if that helps. I've actually tried stopping AI suite, corsair link both ways, nothing works.

Thanks.

In your motherboard BIOS/Software set the fan header the pump is connected to either run always at maximum speed or disable fan control.

Ty, I'll try to figure it out. I found a few settings to tinker with, but not really sure what I'm doing or looking for. Cooling isn't really something I've ever had problems with. At least now like this.

You will most likely find useful information in the motherboard's user manual regarding what setting does what in the BIOS.

Yeah. I'm trying my best to figure it out. I had a friend build my PC for me, but he broke his collar-bone skating, so he can't really do much to help at the moment. I've managed to deaden some of the noise by getting my fan controls working slightly better, but still not quiet... :(

Can you unplug the fan from the cooler and connect it to as separate 4-pin fan header on the motherboard?

If so, if the buzzing noise is still present it could possibly be a bad fan.

I haven't tried, but I can surely take a peek and see :) Thank you for the suggestion. I'll try it out; still no fix for my problem yet, tho. I don't wanna have to RMA it, because I won't have anything to cool my PC with... It works, just makes a lot of noise.

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to update and thank all for the suggestion on trying different pins. I changed the port it was plugged into on the motherboard, ran the fan tuner on my ai suite, and it's more quiet now than it was before it ever 'broke' in the first place.

Ty for the advice.

Archived