Corsair Community

K95 does not initialise correctly every other boot

mcbexx

Recently my K95 keyboard sporadically stopped to initialise correctly when booting up the computer. It does not happen every time, though, maybe once every 2 or three days.

The keyboard will then cycle through several default lighting patterns (rainbow, blue keys, red keys), but it's not detected by CUE or Windows. In this state, all keys are dead.

The only way to get Windows/CUE to recognize it is to set the DPI switch to 0 and to quit and restart CUE multiple time. After at least 2 restarts of CUE, it will finally display an error message "No device detected". When I turn the DPI switch back on, the keyboard finally initialises properly.

I have tested all single 4 USB 3.0 ports on my computer (2 onpbard, 2 on a slot card) as well as additionally plugging the auxillary cable into an USB 2.0 port.

I was hoping the latest firmware/CUE version would fix the issue, but today it happened again.

Windows 8.1 64bit, CUE 1.15.36, Firmware 1.33

Went to the device manager and deinstalled all HID-Keyboards, replugged the K95 and 5 new entries were created. Is that correct? Maybe this causes a conflict?

Any help or hints on how to solve this are appreciated.

Or do I have a faulty keyboard and should RMA it?

Recently my K95 keyboard sporadically stopped to initialise correctly when booting up the computer. It does not happen every time, though, maybe once every 2 or three days.

The keyboard will then cycle through several default lighting patterns (rainbow, blue keys, red keys), but it's not detected by CUE or Windows. In this state, all keys are dead.

It's called demo mode and it also happens on my K65 RGB on cold boots, have you tried pressing space bar someone said it goes back to normal then, I haven't yet tried it myself. After speaking to many Corsair people there still doesn't seem to be any concrete reason why it does this which isn't very good.

It's called demo mode and it also happens on my K65 RGB on cold boots, have you tried pressing space bar someone said it goes back to normal then, I haven't yet tried it myself. After speaking to many Corsair people there still doesn't seem to be any concrete reason why it does this which isn't very good.

who did you speak to?

Archived