Corsair Community

RM1000i temperatures

kyle0782000

Hi all,

I've built my last configuration around my RM1000i PSU and I have several questions about its temperatures. I have also an Aquaero 5 LT, running in partnership with HWiNFO64.

Please report to the following picture for the discussion.

http://nsa37.casimages.com/img/2016/02/06/160206120241739626.jpg

HWiNFO64 reports two temperatures relative to the RM1000i.

Problem 1 : these values do not equal to the "official" temperature reported by Corsair Link. Why ? We could think these temperatures are fake values. However, you can see by arrows 1 and 2 the consequence of a manual control RM1000i fan, that I put to 100% during around 10 seconds. Immediately, PSU Temps 1 and 2 decreased. Temperature on Corsair Link is definitvely stuck at 29°C. :thinking:

Problem 2 : Under Corsair Link, I don't manage the way the fan works compared to the PSU temperature. So far, it has never run under high load and with its automatic configuration. What is your advice ? Is it possible to edit a profile ? Did you meet a situation when your PSU fan starts automatically ? You can see the temperatures reported by HWiNFO are high and I don't want to see my PSU burning. Thanks for your help !

By the way, I took this screenshot after a Valley Benchmark session of around 15 minutes. It's not the idle state of my computer. ;)

52C should be a perfectly safe temp for a power supply

As for the different readings, no idea

Can you feel the fan running? As long as it's running then it should be fine

And that PSU has a zero rpm mode, meaning at low loads or even medium loads the fan won't run all the time

• 1 month later...

hi kyle078200.

Any info on what is the other temperature being detected? my RM1000i is also idling at 39 degrees celsius (this is the one reported in Corsair link) and 45 degrees Celsius (detected using Aida64 or HWinfo), what could be the 45 degrees? during full load the 2nd temperature reaches 55 degrees before the fan turns on the PSU. is it really safe/normal to reach 55 degrees?

hi kyle078200.

Any info on what is the other temperature being detected? my RM1000i is also idling at 39 degrees celsius (this is the one reported in Corsair link) and 45 degrees Celsius (detected using Aida64 or HWinfo), what could be the 45 degrees? during full load the 2nd temperature reaches 55 degrees before the fan turns on the PSU. is it really safe/normal to reach 55 degrees?

Yes, perfectly safe

The hotter the power supply the less power you'll get out of it, but at 55 degrees it shouldn't be affecting it much, at all

Now I'd start being a little concerned if it hit 65-70 degrees and worried if it hit 85+ degrees

• 3 months later...

During this hot summer in France, the hottest temperature reached by my power supply went beyond 55°C under charge (GTA V with my R9 390), still without inducing any fan running.

@ Corsair team : do you confirm that such temperature level does not represent a risk to see our PSU frying ? For safety, I run manually the fan before gaming but is it useless ? Thanks.

In front of the impressive amount of technical answers from Corsair on this topic, I present you a phenomenon :

RM1000i_temp.jpg

It appeared that the PSU fan runs since temperature reaches 60°C. I figured out this feature because I forgot putting the fan on before running GTAV.

By the way, the fan control by Corsair interface makes it possible to put the fan on since 55% of power, which leads to the minimal speed of around 900rpm. With the automatic way by Corsair hardware, it appears that the PSU can run its fan at 500rpm. I suppose in this latter case that the PSU can control its fan through a PWM mode.

You should be able to put the fan on since 40% of power in corsair link, that was the limit I had for RM750i.

If you are interested in making the fan spin at a set temperature, or make the fan spin at lower percentage, you can make a custom fan profile using SIV64:

http://rh-software.com/

I can set mine at 27% or 460RPM using it.

Archived