Corsair Community

Crashing mid-install...

Lastoria24

Everything is fresh, from OS, to hardware etc...

And when i say locks up, i don't mean JUST the install, my entire PC. So I can't really diagnose anything once it happens.

I have ran as admin, doesn't make a difference.

Kind of lost here... ever other program installs fine and runs great.

And when i say locks up, i don't mean JUST the install, my entire PC.

Does it lockup when CL4 is first started? If so my guess is that there is some aspect of your EVGA Z68 ATX motherboard that confuses the CPUID SDK. CL4 uses this to report none Corsair hardware.

Do CPUZ and HWM run OK on your system?

That isn't the MB i'm running currently... that's actually my last PC that my son uses now... although my current setup isn't THAT much different.

Asus Maximus V Extreme, Intel i7 3770k, gskill 2x4gb 2133mhz, Crucial Mx200 ssd, GTX 980ti, AX1200 Corsair psu, H100i Corsair water cooler. Oh, and a 800D case.

I will say, this is a pc I got from my brother in law (I just upgraded the dual 7970's to this GTX 980ti), and it has been a buggy mess from the start. It does run smooth once I got it going, but it's just been... weird. I don't know how else to put it. My last build was so solid it was crazy, literally never had a single issue.

I've actually been considering dumping this MB/CPU and getting something newer... This should still be rock solid, but I think that there is something causing bottlenecks. Probably the MB.

Oh, and the lock up varies... sometimes at the beginning sometimes halfway through... I dunno. I've actually gotten it to install before (on previous OS installs). Like I said this PC has been a nightmare. I think there is some hardware wars going on, but I have no idea how to determine it at this point.

Given the system is different then update your PC's Specs :rant:

Which OS do you have and did you totally wipe the disk when you installed it? If not then were it my system this is what I would do.

I would also check the system event log to see if Windows found and issues.

Archived