Corsair Community

H100i GTX & CPU Fan Error

ajtupman

Hi, I have just bought and installed my very first AIO CPU cooler, the H100i GTX. As far as I can see it's installed correctly but upon booting up I get the message "CPU Fan Error, press F1 to run setup".

This then takes me into the bios where I don't know what I'm doing, or if I'm supposed to do anything, there's no mention of anything in the manual.

So I hit escape and my PC then boots into Windows as normal. I open up Afterburner and my CPU temp is a steady 43/44 degrees. Not as low as I had hoped but not as high as I thought it would be if the unit wasn't working properly.

I then played Fallout 4 for three hours and the temp stayed at these steady mid 40s degrees.

The Corsair link software reports that the CPU fan is at 0 rpm, but I can see both fans are spinning...

Any ideas as to what the heck is going on? Oh yes there is also a slight high pitched continuous noise which my assumption is it's the pump working harder than it should be...

Apologies for rambling...

Tony

Hi,

This is how it should be connected:

1. Connections:

- 3PIN connector of the CPU block to CPU header on Motherboard

- Y connector to CPU block

- 2 x 4PIN fans to the Y connector (connected to the coolers CPU block)

- Data cable to CPU block , other end to USB header

2. Bios setup:

- CPU fan controller disabled / manual 100% / full speed

BR,

Peter

If the LINK software reports the pump running at 0RPM as well, it is probably a sensor issue. You can try connecting the 3-pin to a different headset and see whether you can get a reading.

If not, You can contact your retailer for a replacement or request an RMA to replace it via Corsair.

Archived