Corsair Community

Void Mic Issues

MaxMunsta

Hello everyone! This will be my first post, and I'm sorry to say It will be sad one.

Around a month ago I bought the corsair void, but ever since December 26, it has had issues with the mic. To be specific, It began with teamspeak saying it couldn't open a capture device, and games such as Rainbow Six Siege not letting me use the mic. Steam also does not show anything when I do a Mic test. I have tried forcing firmware, uninstalling drivers, and disabling and enabling the dongle in windows.

However; it seems that the mic is not totally broken. I have not caused any physical damage, and when I restart the computer and or force a firmware update steam mic tests will pick me up for a few seconds, but the feedback meant to give you an idea of mic quality is delayed by about 15 seconds.

Thanks for any help,

I FOUND THE FIX:

As a beginning flight sim pilot I naturally own a Joystick and Throttle. To be specific I have the Thrustmaster Hotas Throttle and stick. I found out today that when I unplug my Hotas from the rear I/O my mic starts working again! I hope someone from corsair sees this and checks the compatibility of the driver software between the headset and Hotas. Or maybe someone can tell me if I might have too many USB ports taken up. (I have all except for front IO taken up.)

I hope this helps people,

Max

Hello everyone! This will be my first post, and I'm sorry to say It will be sad one.

Around a month ago I bought the corsair void, but ever since December 26, it has had issues with the mic. To be specific, It began with teamspeak saying it couldn't open a capture device, and games such as Rainbow Six Siege not letting me use the mic. Steam also does not show anything when I do a Mic test. I have tried forcing firmware, uninstalling drivers, and disabling and enabling the dongle in windows.

However; it seems that the mic is not totally broken. I have not caused any physical damage, and when I restart the computer and or force a firmware update steam mic tests will pick me up for a few seconds, but the feedback meant to give you an idea of mic quality is delayed by about 15 seconds.

Thanks for any help,

Max

I have same kind of issue. My mic doesn't work at all in my windows 7 and I tried to test the mic in skype, but no sound coming from the mic. Confirmed that mic is working on another pc which is running Ubuntu. Also I have stereo version of void's do you have them as well?

They are different to indicate it is either being disabled or enabled.

-Do you know what changed in before the issue started? E.g. a Windows update, software update, etc

-Have you tried reinstalling/updating Teamspeak? Have you tried manually selecting the headset microphone as the capture/recording device?

UPDATE:

So I tried setting the headset as the default device and that worked except Microsoft would show anything on the mic visualizer and does not allow me to set up a microphone, saying it cant open the wizard. I recently tried disabling enhancements and got some weird results. At first the 4 beeps to indicate 7.1 status returned, although the last 2 beeps were wayyyy more sped up than normal, and also the mic didn't work. After restarting the computer I tried switching between 7.1 and normal again, but the beeps were slowed down, and the last beep upon activating 7.1, the high one, lasted about 5 seconds, and then it seemed the device entered boot-loader mode. After re-pairing the device the beeps seemed normal, but the mic still does not work. I have sent in a support ticket and gotten approved for an RMA, but it seems to be a software issue, as I have not caused any physical damage to the device. I'm hoping someone can visit this thread with a fix, or maybe a corsair representative could visit the thread and provide an explanation. As an owner of the cx750, the k70 rgb, the void yellowjacket, and the sabre, I have come to expect a certain level of quality and reliability from them. This is very disappointing as this product was extremely good right after the purchase, but it seems it has near bricked only after a month of use. I really hope corsair can do something to fix this issue. :(:

Archived