Corsair Community

Latest version of CUE breaks certain Unicode text macros

gyroknight

For a while, I've been unable to use a macro that pastes "( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)" in Steam. Instead, it just pastes "( ?° ?? ?°)". I'm not sure when this problem started, but I do know that the previous version of CUE (the one with the Windows key modifier issues) seemed to fix it, however, it is back on 1.13.36. If I set the macro to copy-paste text, it works but the macro is extremely unresponsive, taking multiple presses to register. The macro seems to work everywhere else, so perhaps it's an issue exclusive to Steam?

On my side, it's copy+pasting ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) normally in chat and in the profile comments section but it is needing multiple key presses before it works.

Did you try reverting back to the previous version of CUE? Does it still require multiple key presses before it works?

Steam

Built: Dec 14 2015 11:18:21

On my side, it's copy+pasting ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) normally in chat and in the profile comments section but it is needing multiple key presses before it works.

Did you try reverting back to the previous version of CUE? Does it still require multiple key presses before it works?

Steam

Built: Dec 14 2015 11:18:21

Copy and pasting works with the multiple key presses, it's setting the macro to typing that breaks it. No, I have not tried reverting, but ideally, copy-paste would not be used because sometimes it pastes your current clipboard and, like you mentioned, sometimes it plain fails to register.

Ok, so i have changed it to typing instead of copy+paste and its working fine on my side. (Chat and the profile comments section).

What CUE device are you using?

US North America K95 RGB on firmware 1.33 bootloader 0.09 with CUE version 1.13.36. Running Steam Beta built on Dec 17 2015, at 18:03:51.

Archived