Corsair Community

Void Wireless losing mic or sound on setting default device Windows 10

Psych3UK

Hi,

I have tried merging this problem into other similar threads, but it has been buried in the original issues so I am making this new thread.

Basically as the title suggests, I am using Windows 10 with a Void wireless.

The CUE and firmware are all up to date.

I have no experience of previous versions as I only picked the Void up yesterday.

To the point then. I am unable to get the microphone working at the same time as the audio. The microphone is picking up when it is not default, and the audio is working on test in the control panel. I have other devices, and they are set to default originally. I can set the Void as default audio no problem, but then when I set the Void to the default recording device, the audio stops working and wont even play a test tone. If I set another recording device to default, the Void audio starts working again.

Out of interest, all this time, the sidetone in CUE continues to function normally i.e. I can hear myself speaking through the headset mic in my headset even when there is no response from the mic in other ways.

I have tried to disable all other devices so that Void is only active, but issue remains.

In the past I have experienced control panel issues in Windows 10 with other sound devices and this got fixed with later device drivers. I wonder if the device driver is to blame here too. Its hard to know if nobody else is experiencing this issue within Windows 10 and with upto date firmware/CUE.

Has anyone experienced this issue and found a solution, or is it unique/hardware configuration incompatibility/something else?

Any help/ideas appreciated.

I upgraded to Windows 10 but only purchased the Void after this (I had CUE for a mouse but have since reinstalled that while testing anyway)

The mic does not work in any software once a setting is changed within the windows control panel or any other program that you can set the mic as default with (team speak etc).

To clarify, when the driver is originally installed, the mic appears to be picking up within the control panel, however once it is selected as default it stops picking up at all as a recording device (apart from being able to hear your voice when sidetone is unmuted in CUE as I mentioned above).

I am not sure what audio settings you mean??? Can you clarify?

I am not sure if these are what you need but I will attach them anyway. As you can see in the first shot, the other mics are picking up (green bars) but the void is not. Neither is it muted as you can see in the second shot.

When you mentioned the mic not playing test tones, is there any error messages that pop up or does nothing happen when you start the test?

I guess you mean the speakers? This happens when trying to get the mic to work sometimes. When the mic does work the speakers stop. The test tone doesn't play and it say "failed to play test tone". However I must say that for majority of time the audio works as long as I don't mess with reinstalling drivers and then trying to get the mic to work at same time. Currently I have audio and use a desktop mic. This is of course not ideal.

Yes, the one that came with it.

I have now solved the issue, although it remains possible to repeat the problem (ie change default and lose the mic pickup - although temporarily now).

I am not sure what fixed it. I stripped back all drivers including for my other sound devices. Then I removed my discrete soundcard. Nothing appeared to be working. Then I tried it without the extender that came with the headset. This then appeared to solve the issue. When I re-enabled onboard audio, the mic lost its pickup again, but then I managed to get it all working by messing around with defaults. Then I plugged the extender back in and it continued to work.

I haven't tried to put my soundcard back in.

I think its an odd issue and not sure if its incompatibility or the extender (seems not given that its the original one), bad software/driver or even Windows 10 itself.

It could well be the soundcard (Soundblaster Z) causing a conflict or it could be a flaky USB setup like the PID's or something (another oddity is that my K60 USB keyboard became unusable outside of Windows- BIOS etc until I moved the Void adapter to a seperate USB hub???? I had the thing in about 8 different slots when I couldn't get it working originally so I know this wasnt the fix in itself)

Sometimes USB hubs uses a single USB port to power up multiple devices and it may not have the bandwidth to transfer RGB information and audio. This would explain why you need to move the VOID adapter to a separate hub for your K60 to work in BIOS.

You should be able to plug in the soundcard again because I believe it may be due to the USB ports or USB hubs.

I understand what you.are saying. However the void has been in all my ports when it wasn't working including the one is in now. And as I said the issue is not gone completely. For all intents and purposes it's doing its job now but I wouldn't rule out a bug just yet.

I will try to put the card back in at some point I'm sure. Thanks for your help.

Archived