Corsair Community

Keyboard freezes temporarily after login

Bandalo

I've had this issue for months, starting with Windows 8.1 Pro and now into Windows 10. I have a Corsair K70 RGB.

At the login screen, the keyboard is perfectly responsive. Once I log in, the keyboard works for a few seconds, then it will basically hang for 20-60 seconds. Then all the text I type during that time will basically pop out of the buffer. It's acting sort of like the CPU is loaded up and can't handle more input, then it suddenly pops out.

Booting into safe mode, it works perfectly.

The problem occurs if I log out and then back in, or if I do a complete restart or shutdown/startup.

I've tried removing all the USB devices except the keyboard mouse, and tried a different keyboard (after my first K70 died) and mouse in different USB ports. Problem occurs either way. Still occurs with different versions of CUE or with CUE completely uninstalled. Tried all the polling switch positions as well.

I've also tried disabling all the startup services and still see the problem occur. Safe mode seems to be the only way to avoid it.

Any ideas? Once the initial delay is over, everything works perfectly, so it's not a show-stopper, but it's getting annoying.

Archived