Corsair Community

K95 RGB White Base Plate Cover Mod

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No problem! let me know if I can do anything for ya!

If you don't mind can you make it in print version or something? So if i go to the shop and photocopy, wouldn't have any mistake.

I'm scared if the shop doesn't have the program to open the files..

Email or call the shop and ask if they can use Adobe Illustrator files. I would be really surprised if there's a shop that can cut these that doesn't use Adobe Illustrator...

Noo, i mean like i wanna print out the template and i use penknife to cut it myself. But i scared that they don't have the program to open the files.

• 2 weeks later...
hi first of all i would like to thanks the person who spent time to made this... recently i jus bought a k70 rgb and wanted to let the led shine better so i found this thread and download the pdf A4 size format and print it out and trimmed it but found out that the size won't fit the keyboard itself its too small... any kind bros can assist me wat i shld do? thanks in adv

http://i541.photobucket.com/albums/gg361/xiaoheng86/20150812_205641_zpsdrusdu46.jpg

http://i541.photobucket.com/albums/gg361/xiaoheng86/20150812_203103_zpsagz0ysqu.jpghttp://

mate can you advise me on how you did the print??

ok when i print the pdf it keeps on showing as 245% in size??!!

what percentage do i re-size the print out so it fits? is it 100%

and also can anyone tell me how to take the key caps off the keyboard? i do not have any special tools

the keyboard looks amazing and i would like to have this mod on my new k95

Hey, small update here. I plotted the DWG files to PDF at a 1:1 scale, so these PDFs should have no scaling issues at all. Sorry for not doing this sooner - it did not occur to me that some people could not use the files I provided at first.

QUICK REMINDER: Do NOT scale these PDFs at all! That will mess up the size of the print and it will not fit the board. Do not "Fit to page." Print at the original size, or the print will not fit.

The PDFs come in two parts to be printed on standard 8.5 x 11 sheets of paper. For Part 2, you can choose to either use the PDF with my mod signature on it or without. I signed my own to make it seem a bit more personal - You could sign your own too! One of my buddies put a Linux penguin on his. Thank you, meap, for filling in the gap in this mod. If you use this mod, please continue to post pictures! Seeing the mod being used makes me really happy. :)

sorry to post again

can you help me as when i print it shows on my pc as 245% which is way to big, what is the exact in percentage in terms of size when printing out of my printer, is it 100%?

I will use white paper or white card board, then i will use a slicing knife to cut the holes, i do not have access to advanced tools

edit:

#

just to add i have the pdf files i downloaded from the previous page, its a print of the keyboard in whole, looking at the pic it seem if i print it wont fit hence why a exact numbeer in % will give me a perfect fit, unless i print it and cut it out around 30 times in different sizes, that will take agaes

Also how on earth do you take the caps off a k95, i tried a bit and didnt want to pull to hard in case i break somthing, do i just pull it out hard?

Edited by MROOD

I believe I have found a solution to your scaling issues. I put a reference scale on the PDF files this time so you can verify that the printout will fit before cutting the paper. The new files have been uploaded here and on my dropbox. I hope this helps!

Also, if you are using the US or A4 standard paper size (8.5" x 11" or 210 x 297 mm) you should have no need to scale the PDF at all as long as you are using the appropriate file for your paper (US file for US paper and A4 file for A4 paper). 100% scaling is no scaling.

I believe I have found a solution to your scaling issues. I put a reference scale on the PDF files this time so you can verify that the printout will fit before cutting the paper. The new files have been uploaded here and on my dropbox. I hope this helps!

Also, if you are using the US or A4 standard paper size (8.5" x 11" or 210 x 297 mm) you should have no need to scale the PDF at all as long as you are using the appropriate file for your paper (US file for US paper and A4 file for A4 paper). 100% scaling is no scaling.

hello

basically I have measured the boxes from the link and i have printed it out as it is without changing the size, the boxes top to bottom is exactly 1.5cm same left to right 1.5cm this is the size of the square box on the keys caps,

Now the RED letter L is exactly 10mm, so if the scaling is 10mm and is correct for me that means im ready to cut out the boxes right?

I'll join the to papers and will glue it on a white cardboard then will cut out the boxes and hope for the best.

though when i place the white cardboard on the keyboard do I just place it on? nothing to put on the base so it sticks to the surface? or will the key caps be suffice?

hello

basically I have measured the boxes from the link and i have printed it out as it is without changing the size, the boxes top to bottom is exactly 1.5cm same left to right 1.5cm this is the size of the square box on the keys caps,

Now the RED letter L is exactly 10mm, so if the scaling is 10mm and is correct for me that means im ready to cut out the boxes right?

I'll join the to papers and will glue it on a white cardboard then will cut out the boxes and hope for the best.

though when i place the white cardboard on the keyboard do I just place it on? nothing to put on the base so it sticks to the surface? or will the key caps be suffice?

As long as the red L measures 10mm by 10mm, you have printed at the correct scale. In case you would like to test the scale out, you could cut out the arrow keys on their own (or some other small section) and try to put it on the keyboard. It should work just fine.

Be careful if you plan on using cardboard. It could work just fine, but the overall thickness should be no more than 1/16" or the keycaps will hit the backplate. I reccomend using craft paper (it is rigid enough to last a long time)

I never used any sort of adhesive. That would be up to you, but I think that would void the warranty and make the mod difficult to remove in the event you are trying to RMA a defective keyboard. The model has low tolerances (designed for laser cutting) and fit snugly around the switches, which should hold them down if you cut carefully.

As long as the red L measures 10mm by 10mm, you have printed at the correct scale. In case you would like to test the scale out, you could cut out the arrow keys on their own (or some other small section) and try to put it on the keyboard. It should work just fine.

Be careful if you plan on using cardboard. It could work just fine, but the overall thickness should be no more than 1/16" or the keycaps will hit the backplate. I reccomend using craft paper (it is rigid enough to last a long time)

I never used any sort of adhesive. That would be up to you, but I think that would void the warranty and make the mod difficult to remove in the event you are trying to RMA a defective keyboard. The model has low tolerances (designed for laser cutting) and fit snugly around the switches, which should hold them down if you cut carefully.

ahh ok then i will accept your advice and not use cardboard, i will use 2 sheets of standard white paper make the cut and carefully apply the paper flat on the keyboard without glue, just thinking do I need a tool to remove the key caps from the keyboard?

ahh ok then i will accept your advice and not use cardboard, i will use 2 sheets of standard white paper make the cut and carefully apply the paper flat on the keyboard without glue, just thinking do I need a tool to remove the key caps from the keyboard?

I use a keycap puller. You can remove keycaps by hand... It is just difficult and you run a greater risk of breaking the stem. That being said, I've pulled keycaps with my hand and never broke anything. You just have to make sure you're pulling directly up and do NOT twist, or you will break something!

Here's a guide by WASD:

[ame]

[/ame]

• 1 month later...

Hey i have created from your designs a 3d model to be printed on a 3d printer. I have the stl files and the solidworks files would you like them? if so how should i post them? Love the work btw i was going to design something from scratch then i saw this. They are very experimental and dont know if they work yet im revising them as i print them today. Are you ok if i upload the files to thingiverse then post the link in another reply?

Thanks,

Mingsonto

Edited by Mingsonto
Wrong place sorry

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone,

I have created a 3D model and you can now 3D print this for your keyboard. I know that it will look different and not be the same but it works. I will be updating the files to have the K95 button addition to it and then will need the dimensions for the K60. Just need the distance from the Ctrl base of the switch to the edge of the keyboard.

Thanks,

Mingsonto

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1559818

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi, I got the K70 rapidfire German version and apparently the white base(paper A4) is too small :/

I have taken a pic of it but since its my first time in this forum I dunno how to post it :///

You can see in your reply to thread (extended editor) on additional options "Attach Files". On this position you can upload your images, which will be after them linked on your answer.

Or you upload them to a image-uploader and link them.

I only officially support the US layout, because that's the only keyboard layout I have and can design for. If I were to get my hands on a board with the UK layout, I'd be happy to provide UK support for this mod.

Any other files I host are given to me by other contributors that have keyboards I do not have. I don't test these files (because I don't have the required hardware), but I provide them on the forum here if other people would like to use them.

As for the RAPIDFIRE series, I believe the new layout is identical to the old layout, but I do not yet own a RAPIDFIRE or Lux board so I can't verify that.

You can see in your reply to thread (extended editor) on additional options "Attach Files". On this position you can upload your images, which will be after them linked on your answer.

Or you upload them to a image-uploader and link them.

Hey thanks, I found the button. Here the image. Sorry for the weird half light half dark image, I dunno what my phone did ther haha.

Since I have the German version, can I somehow help to correct the German PDF file? Like doing some measuring or something like that?

IMG_20160617_225407.thumb.jpg.9bc8689c16e28ba3e311f0861247d63c.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
is there anywhere i can buy the white base because i dont have a machine to do that for me

I don't know of a place that sells them. You could ask a local signage shop if they could cut one for you. They are expensive to get custom made, though.