Corsair Community

usb legacy mode

SVrider

When i built this pc and installed link i had the common problem of link not recognizing the h100i. What i ended up doing was disabling usb legacy mode in bios then going into device manager and scanned for hardware changes on the integrated usb bridge, After that the H100i was recognized and the firmware was updated.

I can see all temps and fan/pump speeds, My led is working but doesn't save settings after a reboot. I dont see the integrated usb bridge in the device manager any more but i do see it under devices and printers and under pc settings/pc and devices/devices.

In corsair link under options/devices it list the h100i twice, "corsair hydro h100i usb" as one and "corsair h100i" as the other, Under device information the first only list the 1.0.7 firmware but the second list all the info like the firmware, channel, connected fans, available led channels, connected pump and detected temp sensor. After the fact i realize i cant use my mouse or keyboard in bios because of disabling the usb legacy so i ordered a cheap ps-2 keybord that will be delivered today so i can make adjustments in bios.

Now to my question, should i go and turn the usb legacy mode back on? and what about the double listing of the H100i, Should i maybe uninstall link and try again with a fresh install or should i consider myself lucky to have it working at all and just leave everything as is.

Well i got my ps-2 keyboard yesterday and i still cant do anything in the bios... the ps-2 port must be turned off in bios too so i guess my only option now would be to reset the cmos. Anyone know if i can just clear the cmos via the button on my MB or if i also need to pull the battery at the same time?

Anyone considering disabling usb legacy mode for a fix in link should be aware of this issue.

Something just happened when i was playing elite dangerous. I alt/tab to the desktop to change the fan profile in link, First i changed my custom fan curve and went back to the game shortly after i changed it again to performance mode but while doing so i noticed link wasnt showing info for anything so i closed link and started it back up but it was still messed up. Next i restart my pc and it wouldnt boot, Tells me select proper boot device or insert media but i cant select anything because of the usb legacy issue i was having....

I powered down and reset the cmos, usb is now working with legacy mode reset. I check all my settings in bios and restart. It boots right up and link is now working again even with usb legacy mode still on.

I dont really understand what just happened but it must have been link that just did all this right?

edit: I should add i have not had one single problem with this new pc other then with corsair link. love the cooler as it works really good but this program is for the birds.

Archived