Corsair Community

CX600 FAN replacement

rsimota

Hi, i know it's an old thread but maybe someone will check it, i have the same problem but the rattling is happening random and it only last for a few sec, it is still anoying. in the other time the psu is working great and i cant even hear it. My warranty expired an year ago so i opened it up cleaned it and i discovered a plastic screwd foil under the fan that was covering half of it and was only screwd at one side, i cant imagine what is the purpose of that thing so for the moment i removed it. I think thats the reason of the noise/rattling sound, when the fan was going over a certain rpm i think the air flow was pushing that thin foil down and making it vibrate hiting the plasttic cover of the fan constantly and making noises or because the plastic is covering half of the fan the air pusshed down is pusshing the fan up so it's making it not rotate as it should, i am not sure that is the problem, the rattling sound is random so i am still waiting. (english not my 1st language ^^)

Hi, i have for a while now a CX600 and my fan broke, it was doing a very loud noise that i could not stand. The fan was always runnign at low rpm's so i removed the fan and i installed another, the only problem is that i can't change the wire right now(dont have what i need) to suply the fan from the psu board so i just got the cord out and stick it in one of the motherboard fan slot and i set it at around 1000 rpms, i highly doubt that the original fan was running higher than this because my pc in full load doesent use more than half of what the psu can handle. My question is, i should hurry and replace the wires so i could suply it from the psu board or it's ok to leave it like this, the psu doesent get hot, i played some games and put my hand on it, it's only a little warm.

Although not the ideal solution, I like the innovative way you "jury-rigged" your system. If it's working for you I suppose there's no hurry to install another connector on the fan. If it were me, I'd want to restore the PSU to as close to an OEM configuration as possible.

Also, you are probably aware that the warranty of the PSU has been voided but that wouldn't have stopped me either.

Archived