Corsair Community

Corsair K70 RGB blue switches feel inconsistent

Aero89

Just registered and wanted to say that I have the same issue. My last keyboard was a Das keyboard and not every key is as clicky as it should be on my k70 RGB blue switch. It's a little disappointing but I'm going to wait this out until we hear something from Corsair.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i hope a corsair employee replies to this thread with some good news within a couple days, otherwise i'm going to cancel my pre-order of the k70 rgb blue switch :(

I hope that a Corsair employee chimes in as well. I paid for next day shipping so that the keyboard would show up on Monday since I ordered it Friday, and I'd really be bummed to have thrown away $25 to have a broken keyboard rushed to me. :/

Oh god... I'm getting mine by wednesday...this better not be a problem...I'm going to be really disappointed if it is... I decided to buy the K70 with blues instead of the K95 because I didn't want to wait any longer...but if my keyboard comes like this I'm just going to have to return it and maybe start looking at other keyboards...

Same here. I'd like to hear from Corsair about the MX blue situation as I've ordered the K95 blue. I'm tempted to cancel my order. I can deal with software/ firmware issues but if now we have to RMA keyboards due to defective hardware I'd rather pass. $200 ain't worth that much hassle :

My worst fears were confirmed. After paying the $25+ rush shipping for a K70 RGB Cherry Blue from Newegg, I am now the proud owner of a mushy, inconsistent keyboard. I typed on a Das Keyboard for years with Cherry Blue switches, so I know what the experience should be like. This is not that.

The switches are inconsistent, and unlike some of the other people on here, I'd say that a great majority of the switches are not good. There are a few switches here and there with the trademark Blue snap, but the majority of the keyboard ranges from no audible feedback at all (i.e. Cherry Brown) to a weird sickly version of a blue where the click happens, but it is sickly and anemic.

Checked some of the keycaps, everything has a blue stem. I don't think that this is a mismatched assembly issue. The issue at hand has to be either Cherry is supplying garbage switches or Corsair is damaging their switches during assembly.

I booted in to Windows for this post so I could play around with the lighting a bit and make sure at least that was semi functional, but when I boot back to OSX I will record some audio samples that really drive home what I'm hearing.

I'm sorry to hear that this is such a common issue. Tech support finally got back to me about my RMA, They said this was the first occurrence they know of with inconsistent blue switches. Right now I'm working on getting a replacement, but I'm worried I'll just end up with another keyboard with the same issue.

I guess they just don't check the forum as often as they should...

If we don't hear back from corsair in the next few days in gonna cancel my K95 order. Its a shame to have been waiting that long to get a substandard product. What annoys me is the lack of communication from Corsair. An acknowledgment of the situation would be a good start but once again we got radio silence until an official statement... That's no bueno :/

I was considering a RGB Blue switch keyboard, but just got a newly released Logitech G710 with Blue switches, its REALLY nice! And most importantly, it works! I think once Corsair works out the bugs in the RGB line I may reconsider, but this is crazy.

I was considering a RGB Blue switch keyboard, but just got a newly released Logitech G710 with Blue switches, its REALLY nice! And most importantly, it works! I think once Corsair works out the bugs in the RGB line I may reconsider, but this is crazy.

when the first batch of the RGBs came out, and there was a ton of software issues, that was crazy.

but now with the DOA blue switch RGBs, this is now bat 5H1T coocoo berserk nutty as a fruitcake

I want to post a followup to my response. After some time typing on the keyboard I believe that the situation is improving, but I may be wrong. Perhaps there is a break-in period with the RGB switches that standard Cherry switches don't need. I'm going to give the keyboard a solid couple days of testing before recording any audio samples, doing any RMA's/returns, or reaching a final verdict.

One thing I've noticed is that the keyswitches seem to be slightly loose in their mounting holes. I wish I still had my old Das Keyboard to compare to to know if this is normal. If you remove the keycaps you can tell that the keyswitches have some wiggle room.

I've been typing on this Blue switch RGB since last Thursday and the non clicky switches are still just as non clicky. Mine have not improved with use. Also I still have yet to hear from a corsair rep about the RMA that I submitted on Sunday.

I called the corsair help desk and the guy that I talked to informed me that this was the first time he had heard of this happening, but he was not a Technical support rep he was just customer support. He said that all the tech support people were in a meeting and that I would have to call back tomorrow if I had not heard anything back on my RMA. He said that they will most likely end up replacing the keyboard instead of repairing/replacing the bad switches. I will keep you guys posted as to what happens.

• Corsair Employee

Hi all, the Cherry MX Blue RGB should be no different from the non-RGB Cherry MX Blue. I did notice a difference in the keys being pressed from Doorht's video. For whoever has this issue, can you message me with your part number and the serial number below the keyboard?

For those who have a RMA put in, please PM me and reference this thread so I can attempt to both replace your keyboard and get some back for analysis.

Thanks.

I have the same problem and I found a review on Newegg which describe the keys as gritty or rough. Same thing here. My left shift key feels just like a Microsoft ergo keyboard. Like if you hit it too far off to the side either right or left it will catch and get stuck and not depress all the way. Kinda annoying. I'm coming from a K95 with red switches.

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! My W and R keys are really soft! I guess I'm joining the inconsistent key club. I really thought all of mine were fine until I started typing. I also hope a Corsair rep. says something about this issue.

You should look at the post directly above yours.

Archived