Corsair Community

There's a Bird in my house! (New HX650)

TopAce6

Yeah I think I have the same issue. It does it when the fans change speed it seems like. From what I've read this is pretty common.

I don't want to start my own thread (maybe I should?) but is that harmful in anyway or is it just annoying? If it's the latter I might hold out for a bit and see if I can get used to bird singing to me. If it's the former I might have to RMA it now.

Thanks!

It's not harmful. Just annoying. Unfortunately, a lot of Seasonic built units make these noises.

I've discovered after some research that this is a major problem with these units. Far Far too many reports of it to be just s small percentage.

What i cant fathom is how this model is still up for sale. Its completely unacceptable on every level. If it was a $20 no name (burn your house down) PSU then it would be expected, but not on a model/brand such as this.

Can you imagine the complaints id get from my clients if i had installed a bunch of these models in their rigs?

I really really don't want to have to RMA or return this thing, But i don't see a alternative. And Looking through reports, it seems that id just as likely get another one with the same problem.

Its a real shame as i have installed many many Corsair products over the years(personal and clients), but even recently my K70 came with MISSING LED's, what happened to the QC?

• Corsair Employee
I've discovered after some research that this is a major problem with these units. Far Far too many reports of it to be just s small percentage.

You have to put that into perspective. If the biggest issue with these things is the chirping and whining noises, it's going to be the complaint you see most often. If 50% of the reviews are negative because of those noises, that doesn't mean 50% of the units make the noise.

What i cant fathom is how this model is still up for sale.

Actually, the HX650 has been EOL for a long, long time. Two years I believe. What you're seeing is some new old stock floating around.

I really really don't want to have to RMA or return this thing, But i don't see a alternative.

You said you just installed the unit today. Why not just return it to whatever retailer you bought it from and get something different. If you want something silent, I suggest an RM650 or, even better, an HX750i instead.

Archived