Corsair Community

CMG6GX3M3A2000C7 Full specs for Bios in Z87

superprojb

Im asking to get the full specs on the CMG6GX3M3A2000C7 for the Bios of an EVGA Z87 (1.8 Bios)

This new Bios has so many fields of input, I'm guessing I need more data put into each field for this memory to work closer to its rated speed.

I have put in the specs taken directly from the memory module, and I have tried different slots, but it only runs at 1333 speed with much slower timings.

Yes, I have ran a mem test and no errors are reported, and I have tried a different manufacture Memory (at the same 2000 speed) and it worked perfect.

Thank you in advance.

To get full specifications out of high performance memory, you need to enable the XMP (Intel Extreme Memory Profile) in UEFI. Usually it just works and then you don't need to manually enter all the timings and voltages by hand. So try that first and if that fails, there are multiple ways to read out the XMP settings via software (Aida64, HWInfo64, Thaiphoon Burner...).

I tried your suggestion and it did load the some timings. Thanks.

I F10 in the Bios and as the computer rebooted it gave me a memory error 55. I had been getting the same error for any speed above 1333 with slow timings (these 1333 speed settings are loaded by default). The computer will boot and work fine with the default mem speeds.

Something to consider, the factory kit had the fan and 3 memory modules only, 6Gb. The modules are installed into #1, #2, and #3 slots. Should I try only one stick, two stick, and or different slots?

What do you suggest?

Thank you in advance.

I'd try with a 2x2GB configuration first. Use the two slots recommended in the manual for dual channel configuration. If that fails as well, try one module at a time and if you get 55 every time, then somethings clearly off. You could try to raise Vdimm and VCCSA a little bit, or relax primary timings to 8-8-8-25, but this is more or less guesswork on my end.

It might also be, that the EVGA mainboard has problems with the ICs used on this kit (Elpida Hyper). They are kinda special and i had similar problems with another kit using these ICs on my Z87I Gaming AC (basically no POST at all). They run just fine on other mainboards however, like my ASUS Maximus V Extreme or Gigabyte X58A-OC. So it is probably some type of incompatibility on the motherboard side.

Maybe you could ask EVGA about Elpida Hyper compatibility. They did a good job with it for their P55 models and maybe they have a kit left at their lab, to test functionality with your Z87 model. However, it don't think they will fix it, if compatibility is broken (the Z87 models are EOL anyways).

Good luck!

Archived