Corsair Community

Obsidian 800 D 5/14 bay locking mech

iceman0124

First post! Thanks in advance!

I've been using an 800 D for over 4 years now and been pretty happy with it (only major gripe is the front panel USB 3"upgrade" kit)

Currently I am in the midst of doing a total system overhaul and I accidentally popped the locking mech off the top bay, and I can get it back on and it "appears" to be correct, but it wont latch and it pops back off if you get slightly aggressive with it. I've spent about 30 min looking for info and just get stuff on the hot swap bays.

Any ideas on how to get it back on correctly?

It should give a click sound if you close it, if not , then I am afraid that the spring inside the lath is broken. Had this problem with a other brand case, every thing was ok, but the panel wouldn't lock in the latch. You could ask Corsair if there is a way that you could buy the latch or bay. Could be a thought to Corsair to sell the latches of there cases on there website, Because those parts are the first that get broke.

I personally don't trust locking latches for 5.25" bays any farther than I can spit upwind in a stiff breeze. I removed the ones on my 650D and used the four holes on the left side of the cage and the one on the right side in each bay to secure my 5.25" devices. Since removing the latches leaves a bunch of ugly holes, I punched some clearance holes in some acoustic foam for the mounting holes and put it on each side of the cage. You can see it here at post #138.

Archived