Corsair Community

K95 key's no longer lighting up

twin54

so long story short many of my keys are no longer lighting up on my K95 :( What is really frustrating is this is an RMA'ed unit because my K90 died on me and needed to have it replaced but the K90 was no longer offered (preferred the black and metal look and the blue LED but wtv).

Now fast forward to today and slowly but surely the keys are just going out.

I thought maybe I had a program set to make them go dark but when I try to reprogram them the always stay off. Some other keys even if I try to set them to be off only go to a dim lighting at best and never go totaly dark as well.

Is there something I can try to fix this on my end ? Really hopping to not have to request an RMA of an RMA as the shipping is rather expensive and down time to traditional keyboard is really crappy >.<

The warranty may be already expired as it ends based on the K90's purchase date.

You could replace the L.E.D.s but that may be difficult without proper disassembly instructions.

First I will not open it up and mess around with it. No use risking damaging the PCB and rendering the keyboard totally useless. It's just frustrating to pay a premium for a light up mechanical keyboard only to slowly get a regular mechanical keyboard!

Second I would hope that when they changed the SKU of the product I have that the warranty would be based of the packing slip for when I took possession of the new SKU. I mean were not talking about a simple component change to the BOM of the same SKU here we are talking a totally different SKU with a totally different BOM from what I originally purchased.

Anyhow after some looking at these forums seems like a major default in the K95 and the LED's seem to be prematurely burning out. Wish I had known before just seems like 1 problem after the other with these Corsair keyboards. Don't get me wrong I love the look and functionality but the problems are outweighing the benefits at this point.

:[pouts:

You can contact customer service and ask if they can still replace the keyboard for you. They may/may not choose to replace it for you. (Not 100% guaranteed)

You can contact customer service using Skype by calling their toll-free number.

You can contact customer service and ask if they can still replace the keyboard for you. They may/may not choose to replace it for you. (Not 100% guaranteed)

You can contact customer service using Skype by calling their toll-free number.

tnx toasted!

Archived