Corsair Community

Which PSU to purchase?

slackert

Hello,

I was pretty much given a HP Pavilion HPE h8-1214. It comes with a Radeon HD7450. I'm replacing the card with a EVGA NVIDIA 770 GTX. What PSUs will fit my PC? I'm thinking a CX650 or RM650 would fit and be enough for my light gaming needs. Would these PSUs be sufficient?

Thanks.

Corsair has a handy dandy little PSU finder here. Just fill in the blanks to find what you need. I personally recommend the HX, AX, and AXi series PSUs (but keep in mind, I do NOT work for Corsair and this just my personal opinion. Since they are modular and semi-modular, they will be less likely to clutter up the inside of your case with unused cables. The better quality of those lines will be less likely to fail and possibly take out other components with it. I also like to go slightly larger than recommended to allow for future expansion. Example, if 650W was recommended, I would prefer to get a 750-760W unit (again, this is my personal preference).

• Corsair Employee

The PSU Finder is going to help someone determine what PSU will physically fit.

Measure the existing PSU. Standard size is 150mm x 83mm. Then measure the depth. See if there's any room inside your case to allow for a PSU with a greater depth than the one that's already in there.

For a 770 GTX, 650W is more than enough power.

Archived