Corsair Community

750D parts/accessories?

Aquatic

Hi guys,

I've never built a PC before, but this year I decided to take the leap. It took me quite some time to choose a case, but I finally managed to (after months of going back and forth between case choices) and I've decided on the 750D.

My only issues with the 750D are:

1. The front panel lacking any mesh.

2. Optical drives, etc, looking very out of place on the case.

Now, the second one isn't as much of an issue to me as that's simply for aesthetics, but the first is somewhat of a deal breaker. It's a shame because I really do love the look of this case.

So before I make the plunge and shell out on it for my first build, is there any chance we could see some more parts and accessories available for the 750D? I'm not entirely comfortable with the idea of modding it, and the only other option would be to have a third party mod it, which is pretty pricey in comparison to what a corsair panel would cost.

Even confirmation on whether or not more parts will be release for the case would be great, at least I could buy it knowing the airflow issue would only be temporary.

The 750D is a obsidian case, so it has a full front cover, the hole range has this look and will probably never get a mesh front, if you like mesh you could take a look at coldzero, he makes a lot of modding stuff. Also you could look at the 760T it's a 750 with mesh front, but a other exterior, or the 780T.

@ Ahtlon. Actually, not all Obsidians had solid front covers; the 650D has a mesh front.

@ Aquatic. The front cover could be modified to allow filtered air through. Just get some modders mesh. Save material off all four sides of the front cover, the amount being the same as the thickness of the modders' mesh. Cut the modders' mesh to the size of the front panel plus enough to fold over the sides; leave enough to make some locking tabs that can be folded in to lock the mesh in place. Before installing the modders' mesh, cut openings in the front panel for air to pass through.

If working on the front panel makes you nervous because you are afraid of messing it up, you can order a spare one here.

Hi, I mean the latest Obsidian's have the same appearance , 900D,750D,350D,250D, only the 450D from this series has a mesh in front. The 650D is from the same Obsidian line as the 800D,700D,550D. The 750D and 760T are the same inside only the outside is different, so if he likes the 750D , but he wants mesh in front, I would suggest the 760T.

Archived