Corsair Community

M90 stopped working

Kagamex

Like the title says, my M90 gaming mouse randomly stopped working. Or well, everything works except for the optical sensor that registers mouse movement (have no idea what it's actually called). I would like for you to tell me why your product stopped working over a night.

So yesterday I got my Corsair Vengeance M90, plugged it in, installed drivers, played until 01:00 and then I went to bed. When I woke up, I went to eat breakfast and so forth. When I got back to the computer and started it up I noticed the M90 mouse wasn't as responsive as it had been the day earlier, in fact, it didn't respond at all. At first the logo didnt glow either, but the buttons worked. After switching to a normal USB port instead of the USB 3.0 I had it plugged into earlier, the logo and the led around the scroll wheel started working. BUT it still is not responsive, I've tried multiple USB ports, tried to restart the computer several times, but that led underneath the mouse still doesn't work. As if that wasn't good enough, the LEDs indicating which profile you're currently using also seem to be disabled.

This is obviously something that is wrong with the mouse and I would like to know why and/or how to fix it.

EDIT: It does seem to "work" when not used on a mousemat even if the cursor movement looks like a game running on 10 fps. Which makes it look like I'm lagging on the desktop. :P

Proof: I tried it on the floor, I tried it on a bedsheet, the monitor, the ceiling, the wall, hell even a pillow. It seems to respond to all surfaces except my mousemats. And the wierd thing is that both mousemats are of different friction and material. Also, yesterday when I did the surface quality check, I got 3/5 with my mousemats, with the pillow or the table, I get 5/5, love the software.

Please re flash the firmware on your device:

http://www2.corsair.com/software/M60_90/M90110211v108.zip

Also make sure you are using software 2.12

Make sure your bios and motherboard USB drivers are up to date.

I solved the problem by resetting some options in the drivers, like you told the guy in the other thread. Although the profile leds etc still doesn't work. So, I'm using the latest software, I have the latest drivers for USB and my bios is up to date! :)

• 2 weeks later...
Okay, SO I re-flashed the firmware, great, I thought, now the profile LEDs work. BUT now I can't switch profiles with my profile up/profile down buttons. changing the DPI with the DPI up/ DPI down still works, but I no longer get the message for what DPI I changed to (yes I've checked the options and I'm using the correct profile). The only way for me to change the profile is to do it manually through the software, but why would I want to do that now that the awesome firmware disabled macroing? :)

Okay, SO I re-flashed the firmware, great, I thought, now the profile LEDs work. BUT now I can't switch profiles with my profile up/profile down buttons. changing the DPI with the DPI up/ DPI down still works, but I no longer get the message for what DPI I changed to (yes I've checked the options and I'm using the correct profile). The only way for me to change the profile is to do it manually through the software, but why would I want to do that now that the awesome firmware disabled macroing? :)

This should get your mouse sorted out!

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=103683

Let us know if the device is still not working right.

Yeah well, after flashing the firmware, software (games) started freezing, with a VERY annoying soundlag, and then crashing itself and skype. After the crash, the computer requires a restart. This usually happens twice during long sessions and once during short sessions... so about once every 6th hour. The only reasonable causes I can think of is either the M90 Software, or my mobo soundcard being busted, which is VERY unlikely. Has anyone else reported these kinds of problems? :)

Yeah well, after flashing the firmware, software (games) started freezing, with a VERY annoying soundlag, and then crashing itself and skype. After the crash, the computer requires a restart. This usually happens twice during long sessions and once during short sessions... so about once every 6th hour. The only reasonable causes I can think of is either the M90 Software, or my mobo soundcard being busted, which is VERY unlikely. Has anyone else reported these kinds of problems? :)

Have you got another mouse laying around? Try using that, if the problems still happen it's not the M90, but something else. You could also try using the M90 on a different computer.

Have you got another mouse laying around? Try using that, if the problems still happen it's not the M90, but something else. You could also try using the M90 on a different computer.

Yeah I'm going to try it, I just asked first to see if anyone else had reported a similar problem, in which case the testing might have been unnecesarry.

• Corsair Employee

Please do the following steps:

Control Panel > Power Options > Change Plan Settings > Change Advanced Power Settings > USB Settings > USB selective suspend setting > Disabled

Then run the firmware update again.

Let me know of your results:

Archived