Corsair Community

TO THE K70 Hardware designers!

autovfx

My daughter recently dumped an ENTIRE 30 oz cup of water into my k70 RGB, it was well hidden in the casing, I only saw a bit of wetness around the zxc keys, at the time I had no Idea what had happened. but I noticed the lighting was in a weird configuration random patterns etc were dimly flickering across the keyboard.

I thought to myself whoa a little bit of water must have gotten to the bottom of one of the keys and messed with it so ill unplug it to be safe.

*reaches to unplug* *pulls wire up* *grabs keyboard* and tilts it to the side whilst moving it.*

I watch as what looks like a gallon of water comes streaming out of the keyboard soaking my floor

The keyboard was top to bottom full of water.

I thought it was a goner.

1 day later removed a couple screws aspirated the interior for the day and viola plug it back in after a couple seconds of weird colors here and there, the system cleared up before my eyes, (presumably what remnants of bits of water shorting out the 4 prongs on the individual keys dried out)

and voila

Full functionality I tested everything.

the design on this beast is wicked. Ive never seen anything take a full glass (full submersion) of water with full power sit there for hours unnoticed and function as new when reassembled.

Good job. Proud of my purchase

-Auto:uzi:

• Corsair Employee
I'm glad to hear that a potential catastrophe turned out to be a non-issue. Typically water will damage these keyboards due to the exposed PCB from the raised key design so its good to hear this wasn't the case for you!

Archived