Corsair Community

Awesome profile, I really like what you've done here.

Your color-picker mode inspired me to make a basic static lighting profile with 15 color modes and a Palette mode to switch between them. I didn't think this was possible until I saw your method in this profile so I took a shot at re-creating it. Ever since I saw that color picker mode in the preview videos for the Ducky Shine 5 I wanted to get that same functionality on my K70. :nodding:

I've got it working in my instance of CUE, but I cant export the profile without it getting corrupted. Any time I try to duplicate the profile in CUE or export and re-import (to test it), the mode switching keymaps in the palette mode over-write the keymaps in each of the color modes. So rather than each of the color modes only having the scroll-lock key for returning to the palette, the palette switch keymaps were applied to every profile.

The flow of it is pretty simple:

--Palette mode -> 15 custom color keys each linked to their specific mode

--15 color modes -> each links to the palette mode by scroll-lock

But CUE exports this:

--Palette mode -> normal, 15 mode switch keys.

--15 color modes -> each mode ends up copying the 15 mode-switch keys from the palette mode rather than retaining their scroll-lock mode binding.

Also, I was concerned when CUE exported my profile as a 500+KB file compared to your ~30KB for Circuit Breaker - which has more modes and animations and whatnot. Are there any tricks for getting that size down? Grouping or something?

At the very least I'd like to backup my profile, but I'd also like to share it since I'd imagine there are a lot of people that use static lighting for most situations like I do - but want a quick way to change the mood :)

I'd appreciate any tips and advice you or anyone else can offer.

Awesome profile, I really like what you've done here.

Your color-picker mode inspired me to make a basic static lighting profile with 15 color modes and a Palette mode to switch between them. I didn't think this was possible until I saw your method in this profile so I took a shot at re-creating it. Ever since I saw that color picker mode in the preview videos for the Ducky Shine 5 I wanted to get that same functionality on my K70. :nodding:

I've got it working in my instance of CUE, but I cant export the profile without it getting corrupted. Any time I try to duplicate the profile in CUE or export and re-import (to test it), the mode switching keymaps in the palette mode over-write the keymaps in each of the color modes. So rather than each of the color modes only having the scroll-lock key for returning to the palette, the palette switch keymaps were applied to every profile.

The flow of it is pretty simple:

--Palette mode -> 15 custom color keys each linked to their specific mode

--15 color modes -> each links to the palette mode by scroll-lock

But CUE exports this:

--Palette mode -> normal, 15 mode switch keys.

--15 color modes -> each mode ends up copying the 15 mode-switch keys from the palette mode rather than retaining their scroll-lock mode binding.

Also, I was concerned when CUE exported my profile as a 500+KB file compared to your ~30KB for Circuit Breaker - which has more modes and animations and whatnot. Are there any tricks for getting that size down? Grouping or something?

At the very least I'd like to backup my profile, but I'd also like to share it since I'd imagine there are a lot of people that use static lighting for most situations like I do - but want a quick way to change the mood :)

I'd appreciate any tips and advice you or anyone else can offer.

Interesting, especially the file size. Are you running the latest CUE?

Are you unchecking the box that sets that mode switch to that key on every mode? Cause that will ruin the effect.

Interesting, especially the file size. Are you running the latest CUE?

Are you unchecking the box that sets that mode switch to that key on every mode? Cause that will ruin the effect.

Yes and yes. It seems necessary to uncheck that "apply to all" in order for the menu and loop-back to work properly - is this a known problem that has a work-around?

I tried grouping the key sets in each mode and applying the mode color only to the group, file size is still about 450KB. :confused:

Yes and yes. It seems necessary to uncheck that "apply to all" in order for the menu and loop-back to work properly - is this a known problem that has a work-around?

I tried grouping the key sets in each mode and applying the mode color only to the group, file size is still about 450KB. :confused:

I honestly have no idea why you're file size is so bloated.

'apply to all' will simply add that mode switch to that key on all modes in the profile, whether its currently bugged or not, I don't think so. It doesn't appear to be.

I honestly have no idea why you're file size is so bloated.

'apply to all' will simply add that mode switch to that key on all modes in the profile, whether its currently bugged or not, I don't think so. It doesn't appear to be.

My mistake on the file size issue, I was comparing against your other Underwater profile that has only one mode. Circuit Breaker is large as well weighing in at almost 2 MB - so the size seems "normal" at least.

I looked into this a bit (opening as xml makes it easier to read) and I think there is a lot of repetition when multiple modes are used. Each mode has a list of entries for each key action and a separate list for each key with applied lighting - grouping doesn't help because each mode would still have a list of entries for each key in the group. So for every mode added those lists are duplicated, something like 50KB for each mode addition. ZIP does a good job at compressing this, but its something to keep in mind I suppose.

If there was a global group that could be inherited by all other modes then the lighting group wouldn't need to be duplicated at least. This would work for the keymap as well if each mode is able to override the default group on a per-key basis, only storing the overrides.

As for the mode-switching issue, I think I found the cause of it. Any changes made to the action mappings in the Default mode will override all other modes when the profile is exported. This happens even if the Default mode is renamed, its always this first mode that overrides the other modes' bindings. However, the workaround is to not make any changes to the default mode that you don't want inherited by the other modes. In my case, I just made the default profile into one of the color modes instead of using it as the color palette mode - scroll lock was the only bind to go back to the palette mode so it was fine if it copied over to the rest.

Anyways I've got my color switcher profile exporting properly now so I will post it up soon.

My mistake on the file size issue, I was comparing against your other Underwater profile that has only one mode. Circuit Breaker is large as well weighing in at almost 2 MB - so the size seems "normal" at least.

I looked into this a bit (opening as xml makes it easier to read) and I think there is a lot of repetition when multiple modes are used. Each mode has a list of entries for each key action and a separate list for each key with applied lighting - grouping doesn't help because each mode would still have a list of entries for each key in the group. So for every mode added those lists are duplicated, something like 50KB for each mode addition. ZIP does a good job at compressing this, but its something to keep in mind I suppose.

If there was a global group that could be inherited by all other modes then the lighting group wouldn't need to be duplicated at least. This would work for the keymap as well if each mode is able to override the default group on a per-key basis, only storing the overrides.

As for the mode-switching issue, I think I found the cause of it. Any changes made to the action mappings in the Default mode will override all other modes when the profile is exported. This happens even if the Default mode is renamed, its always this first mode that overrides the other modes' bindings. However, the workaround is to not make any changes to the default mode that you don't want inherited by the other modes. In my case, I just made the default profile into one of the color modes instead of using it as the color palette mode - scroll lock was the only bind to go back to the palette mode so it was fine if it copied over to the rest.

Anyways I've got my color switcher profile exporting properly now so I will post it up soon.

Nice work man, that's some solid research!

Interesting points about the mode-to-size relation, might have to keep an eye on that in future, I imagine it would be even bigger if they didn't all use the same passive effects.

Happy to hear you got yours working too!

Archived