Corsair Community

8 Years AIO. replace?

lordsarx

So I been using an H80 AIO for 8 years now. Use my computer from 5-14 hours a day. I don't know how much liquid would be left in but it seems to be doing its job still.

Should I replace it or run it till it dies?

BTW great product after the first one I got that was RMA'd for a clicking noise.

There is no reason to expect it to explode one day. That's not how AIOs end their life. Either the pump will mechanically fail or at 8 years you might start to loose enough liquid for the pump to gurgle, make noise, or a gradual loss of performance. Aside from clear visual deterioration of the hoses, neither of those is something you need to take immediate action on.

You might want to consider what you would do if the pump did kick off tomorrow. Some people need their PCs functional 7 days a week and in this current state of world affairs, that is getting to be a pretty large group. While I would say things are better now, production and supply chains have been stretched for 9 months. If you are not able to go without your PC for a couple of days while you obtain a new cooler (or don't have a back up cooling method), then you may want to start looking at what you would get and see how long it would take to obtain it. If I couldn't go down for a day, I would be more inclined to move forward or at least get a back up cooler.

• 2 weeks later...