Corsair Community

An idea for those that want/need more macro keys

mpoffo

So my beloved original K95 is starting to have issues with some keys not working after almost 4 years of use. While I may attempt a repair on my own at some point it is large task given the design of the keyboard and the need to unsolder all the keys.

That got me to thinking. Is there a way to save wear and tear on my main keyboard and also add additional macro keys like the older K95 had. What about an optional gaming keypad/macropad that could supplement the main Corsair Keyboard? It would be an add on with more macro keys and perhaps even some way to use it for keyboard gaming (my preference).

Has Corsair considered this idea? Are there similar products out there already?

• Corsair Employee
So my beloved original K95 is starting to have issues with some keys not working after almost 4 years of use. While I may attempt a repair on my own at some point it is large task given the design of the keyboard and the need to unsolder all the keys.

That got me to thinking. Is there a way to save wear and tear on my main keyboard and also add additional macro keys like the older K95 had. What about an optional gaming keypad/macropad that could supplement the main Corsair Keyboard? It would be an add on with more macro keys and perhaps even some way to use it for keyboard gaming (my preference).

Has Corsair considered this idea? Are there similar products out there already?

Thanks for sharing! I can honestly say that this particular idea targets a very small group of users, but fear not, if this comes up more often, we’ll definitely reconsider!

I appreciate the response. I have looked at some other options including ones from your competitors. I realize it is more of a niche market but I see a number of videos and people expressing concerns about having less macro key options with the newer K95. I ended up ordering a K95 Platinum and will figure something out I suppose. I would rather have a product from the Corsair eco system that will go with what I have.

Archived