Corsair Community

Corsair H80i v2 0 RPM on Asus

IgnisiaDust

Hello, I know that there is a bunch of posts like this one and I thought I had the solutions from reading them and the FAQ but I'm in need of guidance.

I've never had problem with H80i v2 before, but recently I've changed motherboard to an "old" Asus H97M-E and after installing the drivers, I ran Corsair Link and saw that my water cooler fan rpm was at 0, even though it is working.

I did my research and saw that I needed to disable the q fan controller from asus bios and it didn't solve my problem.

What am I missing? Is there another setting to be changed?

[H80i v2 Temp is 32°C and Pump is 1950rpm roughly]

Thank you for the quick answer.

Yes, both fans are actually spinning

I'm getting the 0 RPM fan from Corsair Link

It is connected to the CPU_Fan header

I've disabled CPU Q-Fan Control

Others chassis Q-Fan are still enabled on DC Mode

Also I've set CPU_Fan on "qfan control (F6)" to 100%

Edited by IgnisiaDust

So ... the fans for the cooler ... are they connected to the fan headers coming from the cooler? Or to the motherboard?

If they are connected to the header on the cooler, what happens if you switch the headers that they are connected to?

I'm sorry, I don't quite understand what you tried to say.

The fans are connected to the cable that comes from the cooler and the cooler has a cable that is connected to the cpu_fan on the motherboard. My motherboard doesn't have 2 cpu_fan slots and I don't have a spare Y splitter to plug the fans directly into the motherboard (if that was what you were asking).

But I've done something basic as switching the fan connectors from the fans to the cooler around and after I turned it back on, Corsair Link showed the RPM I was missing. (1200rpm on quiet profile on Corsair Link)

But after a quick restart to check, it is back to the 0 RPM.

(something that I haven't said yet is that in the bios It shows the cpu_fan rpm)

Edited by IgnisiaDust

Sorry, but I'm actually scared of removing the cooler header from the cpu_fan and pluging just a fan on it.

I think I fixed my problem. Removing all other cha_fans from my motherboard and plugging everything on the psu, letting just the cpu_fan plugged seems to work.

Now Corsair Link is able to read the water cooler fans.

Is there an explanation for why it worked? And is there any downside for what I did?

Edited by IgnisiaDust

• 2 weeks later...

After installing a new GPU (GTX 1660) A new problem showed up.

My Corsair H80i v2 has got back at showing me 0 rpm on the fan

And Corsair Link doesn't show me the fans on my new gpu at all, there is only a reading for the temperature of the graphics card

I'm surprised that Link shows the temperature for that GPU at all.

It hasn't been updated in a while and won't be; Link is End of Life.

And it really sounds like you have an issue with the cooler being properly powered. It needs a full 12V at all times.

Thank you for your answer. I really got relieved after reading what you said! :D:

So, what's the alternative for a monitoring software (like corsair link) that is most used right now? (by the way, Corsair iCue just shows me corsair related hardware and fan rpm is still 0 there too)

You know, sometimes I would like to keep track of what is happening to my computer, specially when I'm trying to troubleshoot something.

Edited by IgnisiaDust

It sounds like the tach cable is loose or disconnected.

One of the ends has 4 pins. The other has 3 pins (this is normal). The one with 4 pins has the tach reading. What happens if you put a different fan (one that you get speed readings from) on the header with all 4 pins?

I assumed that you meant switching the fans plugs on the V connection of the watercooler. (sorry, my english isn't that great)

If that is what you meant, i think it fixed my issue, Corsair iCue is now showing me 1440rpm fan / 1980rpm pump / 27.7°C.

Thank you!

Another issue that I got into was when iCue started with windows startup it actually didn't recognize that there is a iCue compatible hardware installed. Had to restart the program for it to show.

I assumed that you meant switching the fans plugs on the V connection of the watercooler. (sorry, my english isn't that great)

If that is what you meant, i think it fixed my issue, Corsair iCue is now showing me 1440rpm fan / 1980rpm pump / 27.7°C.

Thank you!

That was what I meant ... sounds like one of the fans has a bad tach cable.

Another issue that I got into was when iCue started with windows startup it actually didn't recognize that there is a iCue compatible hardware installed. Had to restart the program for it to show.

Try disabling Windows Fast Startup. See https://www.windowscentral.com/how-disable-windows-10-fast-startup