Corsair Community

Fan Node not seen by Commander

Mamajuanauk

Hi Apologies if this is already been posted, but I have searched and couldn't find anything.

I installed my H100 with no real problems. The issue was after I received the Link Commander Cooling kit.

With no instructions, no help file, no software or anything other than a very basic 'Quick Start Guide' I set about installing and connecting up as per the guide.

Located and downloaded the software, installed said software only to find nothing was recognised, no H100, no case fans, nothing. After much searching in this forum, I found the post about using the old software to upgrade the Commander firmware. Downloaded said software, commander firmware patch, cooling node patch.

Then removed the latest software, restarted the machine. Installed the older version of CorsairLink. I could then see all my devices, fans, pump, h100 fan case fans etc. I then flashed the Commander and followed the instructions and removed older version and reinstalled the later version of the software. Proceded to flash the Node, but now it is dead!

I can only see the CPU temp & load, H100 temp, pump and fan, the Radeon temp and fan, but NO case fans.

Although strange enough I can see the 1 Temp probe I installed as a test on the Node!

What can I do to fix this issue?

Many thanks in advance.

Hi, thanks for the reply. Apologies for the late response, I've been away working for a couple of days.

Have you tried replugging the Cooling Node molex connector? - Yes, I have now - no change

Is the Cooling Node listed in the firmware updater? No, the firmware updater does not start from the Link button on the devices page, starting it from the program folder the Node isn't listed.

Screenshot Attached, many thanks.

Untitled.png.0c2af0b0382406c8d7c279738800fc87.png

HI, Yep, I scanned over the item in the link. I'm familiar with how to update the firmware and starting bootloader from the root folder.

Screenshot attached

Many thanks

Possibly it might be bricked. Make sure you check all your connections and move to a different input on the commander. If all has been done than I suggest you RMA the cooling node only.

Clicking the arrow, does reveal a list, however, it shows and unidentified node and flashed between the 2 correctly identified devices and unidentified.

Screenshot attached

I'll look in again in the morning as it's getting late here now. Many thnaks for your help...

1296916265_CLFirmware2.png.29ce5be08a6667e63c20b5846104a066.png

Browse to the Cooling Node FW 1.2.5 .s19 file and in device select Channel 2. THen update the firmware and see if you can get it to be redetected.

If not, Try an older version of the LINK 2.X.X dashboard and see if it works.

You can download the FW 1.2.5 .s19 file here

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/attachment.php?attachmentid=10809&stc=1&d=1339030649

Disconnect the H100 and plug the Cooling Node to Device port 1.

In the firmware updater, select channel one and browse to the .s19.

If it fails,

Try a different LINK Digital cable.

If that too fails, request an RMA to replace the Cooling Node.

Hi Thanks for the advice, however, this resulted in yet another error. I've had enough now!

As suggested, I removed the H100, changed the Cable, and tried again to update the FW.

An RMA will be requested...

Many thanks for all the input from all those who assisted.

Regards.

M

1289358665_FinaltryNodeFW.png.f4a366253fa66160921dbfc9b9cccaf2.png

Archived