The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Cases

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-28-2015, 04:32 AM
tfx1866's PC Specs

POST ID # = 791885
tfx1866 Reputation: 10
Default How do you clean the acrylic panel of your Carbide?

Hi guys, just I'd like to tell you I'm not from USA and UK, so don't kill me for my quite bad English

Now let's start with my problem. I am a PC builder, so I build 5-6 PCs every day, using chassis from different manufacturers, like Corsair, Cooler Master, NZXT.

I always used normal alcool (this) to clean the side panel. I used it on more than 40-50 chassis last year, never had any problems.

Ok, now the funny part... Yesterday I was building a PC based on an Obsidian 450D. When I was going to put the side panel back on the case I accidentaly touched its acrylic window and my fingertips just sticked to it

"It's not a problem" i tought... I took my bottle of alcool (the same I always used from the same factory) and I started cleaning:

I cleaned some side panels, some from CM Storm, NZXT and one frome a Vengeance C70. Then I started cleaning the 450D window and... kaboom...

Yes, the window just melted and i must replace it with a now one...

Now, i can't think that Corsair uses worse materials than a no brand 40 dollars case or than other famous brands... I think it can be a factory defect.

How do you clean it? Have you ever had the same problem? Is this a factory defect of my part?

Thanks

Old 07-28-2015, 11:27 AM
Corsair Employee
Corsair Dustin's PC Specs

POST ID # = 791959
Corsair Dustin Reputation: 41

I suspect the reason you're likely to run into this issue is because on most of our cases, we use a 10% tint on the window. It looks like your cleanser took some of that tint off.

Please do not send private messages requesting tech support or trouble shooting. You can create a thread and let the solution to your issue be visible to everyone, or alternatively, work directly with tech support by contacting them here.

Old 07-28-2015, 12:45 PM
tfx1866's PC Specs

POST ID # = 791997
tfx1866 Reputation: 10

Oh, thanks for the explanation) So, I assume it is a bad idea to clean it with alcohol... How must I clean it so? Dry microfiber?

Old 07-29-2015, 11:41 AM
Corsair Employee
Corsair Dustin's PC Specs

POST ID # = 792236
Corsair Dustin Reputation: 41

Yeah, dry microfiber is probably the way to go.

Please do not send private messages requesting tech support or trouble shooting. You can create a thread and let the solution to your issue be visible to everyone, or alternatively, work directly with tech support by contacting them here.

Old 07-30-2015, 10:26 PM

POST ID # = 792590
Korg Reputation: 10

Well look on the bright side. If you ever want to remove the tint from the window, you can use this.

Also, I usually just use water and microfiber to clean the windows. There is usually nothing on the panel that requires any more than water.