Corsair Community

Ram Fails Memtest86+

I have a set of TwinX1024-4400C25 Lot# 0522154-3

This ram fails the MemTest on test 4.

What do I do? I just want ram that works. I don't want to have to spend hours testing this stuff. I paid for what I was told was the best DRAM for my motherboard and find errors.

Edit: After reading your warranty stipulations I was surprised!!

I bought this RAM from a person at overclockers.com. I read that you do not support your ram if it is from a secondary source. Is this correct?

Regards,

Derek

• Corsair Employee

Are you sure you did not purchase them from a reseller? You are welcome to call our customer service and talk to them they may be able to help you.

Please either call our customer service at 888-222-4346 and dial "0" or follow the link in my signature "If you have submitted the RMA using the on line form and have not got a reply!"

However, can you tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

Are you sure you did not purchase them from a reseller? You are welcome to call our customer service and talk to them they may be able to help you.

Please either call our customer service at 888-222-4346 and dial "0" or follow the link in my signature "If you have submitted the RMA using the on line form and have not got a reply!"

However, can you tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

I have tried many settings, from 200MHz default with all other settings on auto to 280fsb, dram 2.75v and all other settings at auto. I receive errors on memtest on test 4 and 7 and usually around 772MB. I phoned the number a few times but have not been able to speak with anyone alive, just prompts that lead to a person not there.

The dram came in a new retail package with a lot number etc. I just want ram to work. The reason I did the memtest was after installation I was ecstatic as it ran lovely at 280fsb 1:1 but after an hour or two of non-use would freeze. I tried putting it down to 200mhz fsb and still this happened so I downloaded memtest86+ v3.2 and found the errors.

All I want is ram to work.

D

• Corsair Employee
Please set the Dim Voltage to 2.85 volts and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, and then test the module/modules one at a time with www.memtest.org!

I have contacted Ray through the number you gave me and we went through a battery of tests and have narrowed it down to one module giving errors.

Edit: Never mind, I found the post where you show how to read the label.

I have received a ticket number for rma however on the website the ram certificate has a "module part number" field. Is that the lot number? or the Twinx1024-440C25 number?

I don't want to forward the wrong information.

thanks for your time,

Derek

Thanks RamGuy,

I've received an RMA number and have the purchase invoice so all is well.

Thanks again for your time and patience as I am sure you have gone through this procedure to the n'th time.

Derek

• 2 weeks later...

Ram was delivered today and passed all tests.

2.4C @ 3.4 fsb 283MHz @ 25-4-4-8 (1:1) on 1.536v

Stable with:

10 passes of Memtest V3.2

Superpi 32M = 35m 57s

6 hours of dual instances Prime95

Thanks for the help RamGuy,

Derek

Archived