Corsair Community

Making Sure I'm Wiring New Build Correctly

TheLuigi

Hello everyone,

I'm sure this has been answered previously but I am having a hard time finding an explicit answer. I have consulted a few wiring guides and diagrams but I want to make sure that everything is set up correctly before powering on my new build.

I have 6 LL120 RGB, 1 Lighting Node Pro, 1 Commander Pro, and 1 H150i with the included fans.

I have the RGB control from the 6 LL120 fans connected to the RGB ports on the commander pro. I have the fan control pins from the 6 LL120 fans connected to the fan control ports on the commander pro. I have the LED control outbound connector from the lighting pro going into one of the LED control ports on the commander pro.

I have the 3 H150i radiator fans connected to the shrouded fan connectors from the H150i. I have the USB connection from the H150i pump connected to the one of the USB connectors on the commander pro. I then have the 3 pin H150i fan connector into the CPU_FAN1 on motherboard (I'm assuming this is only in order to avoid a CPU fan warning from the bios). I also have the USB out connection from the commander pro connected to one of the USB 2.0 ports connectors on my motherboard.

The Lighting Pro, the Commander Pro, and the H150i are then connected to the PSU via SATA.

I think I'm all set to boot, but I want to make sure I'm not going to fry anything!

I then have the 3 pin H150i fan connector into the CPU_FAN1 on motherboard (I'm assuming this is only in order to avoid a CPU fan warning from the bios)

Correct. If you don't care about the CPU fan error protection, you can stick it anywhere. It will provide a pump speed to the BIOS on that model as well.

Everything looks fine, except it looks like you have a superfluous LNP. The Commander Pro is a LNP + fan controller. The LNP/C-Pro is the software interface for the RGB lighting and also fan control in this instance. The small 6 port RGB Lighting Hub with the flat RGB wires from the fan should go into the C-Pro RGB Channel #1 and that should do it. Don't toss the LNP. It has value. Right now you have two lighting channels on the C-Pro. The LNP can be chained in to add 2 more. Each channel can handle 6 RGB fans, 4 strips, or another device. It is surprisingly easy to burn through two channels as you get more complex in your hardware.

Edited by c-attack
Usual typos