Corsair Community

dark core se Polling rate option with latest firmware?

jayseearr

Hi people I tried getting some advice or answers on this matter over on the icue software forum but maybe this is a more appropriate place-

I have the Dark Core RGB SE Wired/wireless gaming mouse and I am trying to use it to play fortnite and/or warframe on xbox one. although the mouse technically works in these games it is still far from optimized for this use straight out of the box. apparently to make the mouse function better and remove the input lag I am supposed to change the polling rate to 125/8 in the icue software(this is what corsair says directly on their website and I have no doubt that it's true judging from the amount of people who have said changing their polling rate fixed this issue for them)

My problem is that I followed corsairs steps (downloaded/updated both the icue software and mouse firmware) and the polling rate option is nowhere to be found?!?!?!?

according to corsair there should a polling rate drop down box under the device settings but it is nowhere to be found. under device settings there are options for brightness/sleep mode/power save mode/battery gauge and wireless receiving but there is no polling rate option. I then looked at every other tab just to be sure(lighting/dpi/actions etc. still nowhere to be found. At this point I don't know where else to even look or what to do and I'm baffled why this option is not where corsair said that it is (or seemingly anywhere for that matter)

Can anyone shed some light on the situation or share some meaningful input please? I would really appreciate it...this forum is my last resort I have been googling/youtubing/forum surfing for a while now and have not figured this out, it would be a shame if I had to return the mouse without even getting the chance to try it out.

For some added context here is corsairs link on how to resolve my issue-https://www.corsair.com/us/en/blog/Setting-Up-Your-Peripherals-for-Xbox-One

if you click on the link and scroll down to where you see the device settings on the left hand side there is a polling rate drop down box above brightness whereas in my settings it's just brightness with battery status above it. this picture they provided is firmware 3.12 I believe and the current firware is up to 3.19. Somebody please tell me I'm missing something here and corsair didn't drop the ball and leave this option out of their latest firmware at a time when they are expanding into the console market and announcing partnerships with xbox?????

What you could do is install an older CUE, and use that to make the polling change to a HW profile, and save it. When you want to use it on an XBOX, switch to that profile. Then update to current iCUE and NEVER CHANGE THE XBOX PROFILE. At least until Corsair puts the feature back.

Apophis3 thank you for response. This is actually something I was considering and I will do it if I have to, but it just seems completely backwards and is a complete contradiction of how corsair said to handle it. The fact that such a basic and obvious option is missing makes me think I am doing something wrong or missing something here because I have never used the software before today. Even just a simple confirmation that either A)Other people are having the same issues or B)Other people have the same mouse with the same firmware do NOT have this issue would at least let me know for sure that I indeed need to "downgrade" to a different version before doing so

UPDATE: I ended up un-installing the latest version of icue and installing and older version of cue (2.2 I believe it was) I opened it up and the software was different (slightly different interface in some spots/different desktop shortcut etc. yet the firmware and mouse options seemed to be the same and there was no polling rate option still, so my question now is: was there something more I needed to do in order to restore the firmware to match the respective older software that I downloaded? This is probably a stupid question but I have been out of the p.c game a while... maybe I needed to remove the newest firmware separately, or maybe I needed to remove the drivers as well? Idk, I'm at a dead end once again and what should have been a 10 minute process according to corsair's website has now turned into a all night endeavor.I tried registering a account on corsair's website in order to access 24/7 support and I could not even do that because the link was completely broken. Any more ideas/answers/input would be fantastic.

^Final Update

Corsair Michael: I appreciate your response in this matter but i had already returned the mouse before you replied and honestly it wouldn't have made a difference anyway. I understand that this console compatibility is a new thing but i'd like to offer corsair some feedback on my experience:

- Icue software seems way over the top for this kind of intended use, not only in terms of software complexity but also in terms of file size and demand required to run it. (This is my opinion based on my experience) I have no doubt the software is fantastic and is very practical for SOME of your customers who are monitoring and controlling multiple pieces of high dollar hardware, but what about the majority of your consumers who just need to make simple adjustments to less pieces of less complex hardware? say such as a simple mouse button map or keyboard adjustment? My personal laptop downloaded the software just fine but wouldnt even launch it i had to borrow someone elses laptop(granted my laptop is 8 years old with windows 7) but still, your telling me this laptop can manage to launch photoshop CE but can't even manage to load software where all i need to do is make a polling rate adjustment on a mouse?!?! Just some food for thought.I understand that this is a complicated issue but maybe you guys might want to consider creating a seperate version of software that is less complex/demanding and is geared towards or suited for say maybe peripherals only?

-Furthermore i fail to comprehend how such an option could have possibly been removed at the worst possible time? This seems like a huge error on corsair's behalf to be quite frank with you. Xbox just announced native mouse and keyboard peripheral support like a week ago and you mean to tell me THE SINGLE MOST important option needed to make your product viable on xbox that has BEEN around (polling rate) is suddenly missing in your latest firmware? Mind-boggling.

-I shutter to think about how many people have been trying to contact your "24/7"customer support since black friday with similar issues to be quite honest. The fact that your registration link to your website was pulled down for a couple days is very telling in my eyes: take the registration link down for a couple days that way all these people don't have a website account in order to access 24/7 customer service right? Brilliant solution! That way, all of your older customers still have access and it's only your brand new customers who are getting slapped in the face and left without answers!..

The situation is a shame really because i have no doubt the mouse i returned was a decent product for some users just like im sure the software is fantastic for others. My issue is how these things applied to my personal situation and intended use. I'm glad to hear you guys are working on getting this fixed and although it's too late for me at least hopefully there won't be a bunch more of disappointed people over the holiday season or kids on Christmas. The sooner you guys get this fixed ,the less potential future customers you guys will be losing over something so simple.

-Sorry to vent but i tried to keep it reasonable here, this is meant not only as feedback to whom it may concern at corsair but also as a warning for other people who may be console users or experiencing similar software/firware issues.

• Corsair Employee

Hi Again,

I'm sorry to hear that. Just so that you and everyone else is aware, DARK CORE has never supported polling rate change, because there wasn't a need to increase latency on our 1ms wireless mouse. That of course changed with the Xbox One update which added keyboard and mouse support for Fortnite and Warframe. In response we've been rapidly working to add this capability to firmware and software. In the meantime we're sure the developers are also working to fine-tune compatibility.

For setup in iCUE, we have a handy guide to help users through the quick and easy polling rate adjustment here: https://www.corsair.com/us/en/blog/Setting-Up-Your-Peripherals-for-Xbox-One

For anyone who needs direct technical support, we have our options and hours listed here: https://www.corsair.com/us/en/support

Thanks.

Edit* I see where i missed that an update would be released to make darkcore compatible with games other than minecraft now at the bottom. In fairness to corsair i thought i had all the information i needed before i got to that point. The text up top made it seem almost as though this was a universal feature available to all mice through the icue software. Correct me if i'm wrong but on the image on the blog link you posted isn't that a dark core mouse that it shows under settings where the polling rate adjustment is being made? Looked like it to me anyhow. Again, thanks for your help and clarification Corsair Michael.

Hi Again,

I'm sorry to hear that. Just so that you and everyone else is aware, DARK CORE has never supported polling rate change, because there wasn't a need to increase latency on our 1ms wireless mouse. That of course changed with the Xbox One update which added keyboard and mouse support for Fortnite and Warframe. In response we've been rapidly working to add this capability to firmware and software. In the meantime we're sure the developers are also working to fine-tune compatibility.

For setup in iCUE, we have a handy guide to help users through the quick and easy polling rate adjustment here: https://www.corsair.com/us/en/blog/Setting-Up-Your-Peripherals-for-Xbox-One

For anyone who needs direct technical support, we have our options and hours listed here: https://www.corsair.com/us/en/support

Thanks.

So is polling rate adjustment available for the Dark Core mouse or not? From your step by step instructions that does appear to be a Dark Core mouse in the background...

Archived