Corsair Community

Windows Won't Install Corsair 1500

tbart01

I built a new computer a few weeks ago, and installed my corsair 1500's with no issues.

My computer restarted on its own the other night, and I noticed in the morning that my Corsair Icon was missing from the taskbar.

I tried the headsets, and they weren't working. I uninstalled and reinstalled the 1.1 drivers. The driver install instructed me to plug in the 1500. I plugged them in, windows went through its thing, and gave me a failed to install device error.

I went into device manager, and it had the corsair 1500 under sound devices, with the yellow exclamation triangle.

I re-downloaded the driver and tried to reinstall. I have done this multiple times, with the same result.

I'm confused as to why it would uninstall, and then not be able to reinstall. I haven't installed any new software or installed any new hardware.

I can't believe after being so frustrated, the fix was so simple.

I went into device manager and instead of uninstalling the driver, I uninstalled the headsets. I never restarted, but about an hour later i went on to the computer and windows started installing them. thankfully, it was successful.

Archived