Corsair Community

Corsair 1500 - Can't make them work...

gurt

Hey guys,

I am going to risk sounding a total noob but I really can't seem to figure it out.

I just received my headphones today, installed the new 1.1 driver (I am using Windows 7 professional, 64 bit) but the headphones don't work.

I have a Soundblaster card in my system which is connected to a 5.1 speaker system through an optical cable.

What I don't understand is how is my system supposed to understand that audio is now to be routed to my headphones when I connect it to one of the USB port.

The SB is still connected and I hear sound through my speakers even when the headphones are connected.

I looked for a way to switch from speakers to headphones in the SB driver panel but could not find anything that did the trick for me.

Also, if this is really what I am supposed to do, it's quite annoying to access your driver menu and switch between sparkers and headphones every time you want to use them.

I must be doing something wrong and I clearly don;t understand how a USB audio device takes over a sound card that is installed in your system.

Your help id greatly appreciated!

Thanks all,

Gurt.

Hey

To do this for all audio, just right-click the volume icon next to the clock in windows and choose "Playback devices".

At the screen that pops up, select the corsair vengeance 1500 headset and click the button called "Set Default" (alternatively press Alt+S after selecting your headset).

Hope that helps, and welcome to the club :>

-titten

Archived