Corsair Community

DDR2-800 won't run at 400MHz

Gaff97

Just finished building a new system and am very happy with it, except for the problem that my new Corsair 2x1GB will not shift past 366MHz (TWIN2X2048-6400).

My mainboard is an EpoX AF550G-Pro with the latest BIOS, but no matter what I do (different memory timings, higher vDIMM) it will not run at 400MHz. They are rated at 5-5-5-15 2T and that's what I have them set to in the BIOS, as well as specifying a DDR2-800 memory clock, but every time on boot they show as running at 366MHz and this is confirmed in CPU-Z.

I'm going to try swapping the memory to the other channels on this motherboard in a second, and also try running them one at a time and see if this has any effect. I'm not trying to overlock, just to run at the rated specs.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

• Corsair Employee
Please test the modules in another make of MB to be sure, but I would check with the MB maker and see what they say! If you have set them manually in the bios and it still shows less than what you set its a MB Bios issue and I am sorry but you have to talk to the MB maker.

Unfortunately I have no other Socket AM2 board available to try them in.

I did change them to the other pair of DIMM sockets together, and also tried using just one of them, but none of this had any effect and it would not run faster than 366MHz.

There was a recent BIOS update and I flashed to that today but it also had no effect.

I'll get in touch with EpoX and see what I can find out.

Thanks for the reply.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived