Corsair Community

H100i Noise & RPM @ Startup

itswireless

Hi, had a H100i in my rig for about 3 weeks, runs great, cools great.

BUT, from startups (not always) i have a buzzing noise and its awful.....

I tried to trouble shoot, its not my fans and is 100% the pump.

Anyway, i opened Corsair Link when it startup up noisy.... 500RPM???

When it runs quiet its at around 2200-2300 or somewhere near.

When at this Noisy startup its at 600RPM or lower....

My Solution, Tap the pump or give my Case a good Left Hook.

However, this is a solution i do not want to continue with, so is their anyone who can advise??

I have Read others posts, and have updated etc, left case on the side, tapped hoses etc but its still not corrected the problem.

Dont want to return, as i have no stock cooler and PC is needed everyday.

about 50% of the time for me it starts at about 1000 rpm then drops down to 500 rpm over the next 20 seconds then bumps up to 2200...i know what you mean

best you can do is rma it :(

or the cooler works perfectly fine besides that issue right? if your ok with this one small issue then you can keep it but i wouldnt recommend it im risking it and keeping mine that does the same thing but its your choice

yes its a clicking/buzzing noise that mine makes when it does it

just know that this problem can cause other problems too...thats why its best just to rma...also the buzzing noise is kind of annoying i agree

If ambient air is cold enough when you boot up your pc your h100i will have trouble just like you described. The LED will flash red for a bit till the cpu warms up enough and the fans eventually resume a proper rpm speed. Last late winter that happened to me one night anyway.

"And even IF ambient temps were THAT low, it shouldn't effect pump speed."

Oh, I totally assumed it was my cold room that caused that glitch. My bad, itswireless! I was going by personal experience...not tech knowledge.

Archived