Corsair Community

possibly wrong temperatures

newstuff

Hi,

I've a problem with my new integrated temperature sensors.

I've connected them to my commander pro and they were placed in all four corners of my case. My system idles, you can see the rest of temperatures in the attached picture (dashboard overview). I didn't understand, why the temperature seems to be over 60°C.

Can you see my system configuration?

Additionally I've a Corsair LL120, Corsair ML140 and 3x normal Fractal Design fans by default connected to my Commander Pro with 2x Fan Hubs and 4 connected temperature sensors. Inside the case there's really clear cabling and enough space. I don't think that there are more than 30°C inside, it's really cold when I feel the case at the top or open the tempered glas side.

Even with less fan speed.

Do you think there's something misconfigured?

If you need more details, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards

Sascha

Overview_01.thumb.PNG.de92209da01d78b92101363d6b01332b.PNG

Over 600C... that is warm. Usually when you get garbage values out of a 10K thermistor wire there are two possible causes. 1) Physical contact on a conductive surface. Make sure they are in the air and not leaning against the MB, fan hub, etc. 2) Interference from another program. Watch out for HWiNFO, AIDA, HWMon, etc when used at the same time as iCUE. They fight over access to the devices and you usually get frozen monitoring or garbage values back. For troubleshooting purposes, quit the other program and restart iCUE (including the Services) from the Task Manager. For peaceful co-existence, you need to disable monitoring of the Commander in the other program and any other Corsair hardware like the PSU, AIO, etc. Even then, there still are occasional glitches.

Hi,

thanks for your feedback!

I don't think that other programs make trouble, because I don't use any tools like them.

I only installed hwmon for minutes ago, to show you my temperatures and overview from that program, which show's that there are normal temperatures.

I try to separate the sensors more from the case corners (in the air)..

Another, maybe ugly question.. the contacts of the sensors have to be covered gold? I don't have to remove this.

Kind regards

Overview_02.thumb.PNG.7a9187be69708daa25e7dd10ff1e15dd.PNG

The sensor wires that came with the Commander are fine. If you use a wire with a different resistance than 10K, you would likely get crazy values like you are reporting.

The plastic sheath on the sensor end should be removed.

Edited by c-attack

I don’t understand it either. It’s near impossible for all 4 thermistor wires have a defect resulting in the exact same ridiculous 600C temperature. If there is software interference from another program, it won’t be limited to just the temp probe values. You would also get weird numbers for fans and other sensors or they may even disappear.

I would Contact Corsair support and see what they say. Perhaps there is a problem with the temp probe circuitry, but I have never seen an error like that before.

The only other thing you might try is to wipe out the iCUE configuration and settings and try a clean install. Maybe the temp sensor file is corrupt.

1) Quit iCUE and its associated services.

2) Go to C:Users/(name)/App Data (hidden)/Roaming and cut and paste the Corsair folder to the desktop. Those are all your profiles and settings.

3) Uninstall iCUE and then re-install. Launch and see if you get the same crazy values.

If the temp probes are not right, you can restore your old profiles and settings by quitting iCUE, then drop that Corsair folder back into the App Data/Roaming folder. Relaunch iCUE and everything will be back the way it was.

Hi,

thanks for this hint.

I've closed the application, don't save my configuration and deinstall the icue software.

Then I've downloaded the newest release and install it completly new.

Nothing changed. :(