Corsair Community

Cooling node not running fans.

usmarine0622

Hey guys the fans connected to my cooling node aren't spinning. At first I thought it was the fans so i disconnected them and connected them to another fan controller i have butt they fired up just fine. I restarted my computer, disconnected the commander from the usb and tried again. I get nothing from the fans, I tried to manually set the fans to max rpms from the software....nothing. I'm currently using corsair link 2 software version 2.0.16. I uninstalled it and reinstalled the software....nothing. the commander can detect the cooling node but the fans connected to the node doesn't work. The cooling node is on firmware version 1.2.5. There is a light on the commander that is flashing red and green really fast, im not sure what that mean though. any thoughts?

Hey guys the fans connected to my cooling node aren't spinning. At first I thought it was the fans so i disconnected them and connected them to another fan controller i have butt they fired up just fine. I restarted my computer, disconnected the commander from the usb and tried again. I get nothing from the fans, I tried to manually set the fans to max rpms from the software....nothing. I'm currently using corsair link 2 software version 2.0.16. I uninstalled it and reinstalled the software....nothing. the commander can detect the cooling node but the fans connected to the node doesn't work. The cooling node is on firmware version 1.2.5. There is a light on the commander that is flashing red and green really fast, im not sure what that mean though. any thoughts?

I have a few questions. Do you have your fans all on one channel? Need to be more specific because that would tell us if you're going over the cooling node's limits. (2 amps per channel and 4 amps total for all 5 channels combined) I found this in another thread:

Green on and off (about twice per second) means that Stingray is attempting to connect to Windows. It will flash red every ~10 seconds if it cannot and will keep trying.

Solid green and flickering orange is used to show activity; since SierraSerivce is always running, the USB Commander should always be flickering.

Red on and off (about twice per second) indicates some hardware failure or that the unit is in boot-loader mode.

I have a few questions. Do you have your fans all on one channel? Need to be more specific because that would tell us if you're going over the cooling node's limits. (2 amps per channel and 4 amps total for all 5 channels combined) I found this in another thread:

"Green on and off (about twice per second) means that Stingray is attempting to connect to Windows. It will flash red every ~10 seconds if it cannot and will keep trying.

Solid green and flickering orange is used to show activity; since SierraSerivce is always running, the USB Commander should always be flickering.

Red on and off (about twice per second) indicates some hardware failure or that the unit is in boot-loader mode." - Cool Guy

There are only 2 fans connected to the cooling node, and they were working fine up for 6 months in the same config until last night. i disconnected them from the cooling node and reconnected them and they will not work when connected to the cooling node. The fans work fine when connected to another fan controller and they work fine when I connect them to the motherboard. they are COUGAR CF-V12HP Vortex

There are only 2 fans connected to the cooling node, and they were working fine up for 6 months in the same config until last night. i disconnected them from the cooling node and reconnected them and they will not work when connected to the cooling node. The fans work fine when connected to another fan controller and they work fine when I connect them to the motherboard. they are COUGAR CF-V12HP Vortex

I also should've added what Firmware/Software did you have while they worked and was it the same versions when the fans stopped working?

Archived