Corsair Community

Corsair M60 Cursor Won't Move

frodriguez96

So today i recieved my corsair m60 in the mail and i was excited to plug it in.

Plugged it in - worked and cursor moved.

I installed the software (2.12)

I clicked on the dpi settings and changed them around.

Then the cursor started to stutter.

I changed it back to normal then the cursor just completely stopped moving.

I've looked around the forums and heard of the firmware flash so I did it.

I have probably done all I can from flashing over 15+, reinstalling software 10+, uninstalling all, etc.

I don't know any way else to fix this.

Please help i really need this mouse to work. Really sucks especially when it doesn't work after 5 minutes of plugging in and installing software. :(

Edit:

I have also tried it on a different computer running windows 7 and another one running macintosh snow leopard.

As well as changing the response time from 1 to 8 back to 1. And changing lift height. No luck.

Im on same boat here. =(

1. Unbox and plugged on USB 2.0

2. Windows 7 drivers detected and basic functions working properly

3. Installed M60_setup_beta2.12_010612.zip (only version avaible on Corsair page)

4. Tweaked some speed and DPi options and mouse stoped working

5. Tried to remove Corsair drivers and then removed all old unused mouse pointer drivers on my Device Manager

6. Replugged M60 with no success

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Lets go ahead with an RMA. Please use the link provide on the left hand side of the page.

I did a long time ago (Case # 2815372) but i don't know if it would be better to ship to Corsair or have Amazon do it. (Bought it from amazon) What would be the expense difference ?

Everything working now again.

Tried to repeat first time so I cxould identify the problem, however couldnt do it.

Just glad mouse is working now.

Thanks.

Wow no fair xD I don't know what to do D:

Edit: Just tried re-flashing it 5 times. Now the lights wont even come on or itself (Nothing works.) And i cant do anything (Also doesnt work on dif. computers).

• 2 weeks later...
I just got my M60 from amazon today and i was playing for about 1 hour then see how the mouse performed on other dpi and happen exactly the same. first it star laggin a lot then the cursor stop moving. The fix that work for me was reFlashing it. phew, thank god its back

I just got my M60 from amazon today and i was playing for about 1 hour then see how the mouse performed on other dpi and happen exactly the same. first it star laggin a lot then the cursor stop moving. The fix that work for me was reFlashing it. phew, thank god its back

and i did it again, i changed the dpi from the slider in the corsair software 2 or 3 times and again it stopped working, so i guess theres the problem. after flashing it it is alive again. another thing i noticed is the only thing that doesnt work is the mouse laser (movement) because the buttons works

Hi,

I'm having the exact issue as described in this post and here:

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=105765

I am based in the UK and bought it from a UK website, I have raised a returns ticket with them but I just saw the 'Do not return this product to the store' message on the back of the manual.

So should I futher my return query with UK store or with Corsar itself?

Many thanks,

Auth

Thanks for the quick response

The problem occured when I was playing around the DPI settings for the mouse, I was setting up a slightly lower DPI for my girlfriend to use (It is pretty funny watching her try to use the mouse at 5700 dpi :) ) and all the lights went off. Windows made the sound of hardware being diconnected. Then it made the connected sound and the main lights on the mouse came back on the Corsair logo, the blue LEDs around the scroll wheel and the two dpi buttos but none of the profile lights. I am also unable to select different profiles or move the cursor with the mouse. All the other buttons work fine tho.

I do hope this can be sorted as I was enjoying using the mouse so much I just purchased the K90 keyboard to go along with the mouse.

I have tried to re-flash the mouse on 3 different computers my home pc, laptop and work computer all produce the same error message:

Open USB Device Fail, please reinstall device driver!

I have reinstalled the device driver, both the beta and V1, on the 3 computers and it has made no difference.

Software: 1.00.00.02

USB Mouse:

VID: 0x1B1C

PID: 0x1B31

Firmware: 1.08

I have emailed your support team (case ID: 4601731) and am waiting a response.

Many thanks,

Auth

Edit: I've just realised I am posting in a M60 thread and I own a M90. I have just downloaded the correct reflash tool and have ben able to reflash and get my M90 back up and running. I really need to improve my reading skills lol ;p

Thanks for the quick response

The problem occured when I was playing around the DPI settings for the mouse, I was setting up a slightly lower DPI for my girlfriend to use (It is pretty funny watching her try to use the mouse at 5700 dpi :) ) and all the lights went off. Windows made the sound of hardware being diconnected. Then it made the connected sound and the main lights on the mouse came back on the Corsair logo, the blue LEDs around the scroll wheel and the two dpi buttos but none of the profile lights. I am also unable to select different profiles or move the cursor with the mouse. All the other buttons work fine tho.

I do hope this can be sorted as I was enjoying using the mouse so much I just purchased the K90 keyboard to go along with the mouse.

I have tried to re-flash the mouse on 3 different computers my home pc, laptop and work computer all produce the same error message:

Open USB Device Fail, please reinstall device driver!

I have reinstalled the device driver, both the beta and V1, on the 3 computers and it has made no difference.

Software: 1.00.00.02

USB Mouse:

VID: 0x1B1C

PID: 0x1B31

Firmware: 1.08

Minus his personal info this is basically my problem. I got an active RMA but figured I would give fixing this one more go before mailing it in. I flashed the firmwareupdate, the mouse actually works now(it didn't even move before) BUT it is stuck on the highest dpi setting, I can not edit the dpi setting and when I try to reflash the firmware or newfirm ware even after uninstalling it gives me the same error message this guy was getting :-(

I bought two m60 mice, one of them is working perfectly with the 2.12 beta software on windows 7, the other one is plugged into another computer with windows XP and the cursor does not move when I install the beta software 2.12, and the rate reaches a maximum at 500Hz. My question is: the mouse running on Windows XP is defective and need to exchange it, or a new software will solve this problem?

If its not working through no fault of yours, then return it to the store. You're well within your UK consumer statutory rights. If the retailer pushes back, just say you'll get training standards involved.

I have to say that this is why I almost always buy from Amazon. I've never had any issues returning defective items, even if it's for a single spec of dust under a screen.

Archived