Corsair Community

WASD keys for the K90?

baja_fx4

They haven't announced for certain that the red keycaps will be available separately, although they did hint that it was a possiblity. BTW - they are not rubber, although they have a grippy matte finish, have a checkered texture (like a pistol grip) and are contoured like crazy. I love 'em - I bought the K60.

If you just want colored keys - you can Google "Cherry MX key caps" and come up with about half-a-dozen companies that sell all kinds of custom ones, even saw a nifty 3D multcolored skull button that I guess would make a great ESC key out there.

Thanks stratosrally.

I feel it would make sense to offer the keys as an accessory. Also, I wonder why they didn't offer the K60 w/ the illuminated keys.

Would the skull key you speak of fit on the K60/90 ESC key because it's not a mechanical key?

• 3 weeks later...
They haven't announced for certain that the red keycaps will be available separately, although they did hint that it was a possiblity...

Is it possible to have a folloiw up on that hint right now, or the linlkk from witch you saw this. I also would like to purchase those keycap for my K90.:biggrin:

If you would'nt mind..:D:

All I can say is that I am 100% certain that at least one post was made from an admin or a Corsair employee stating that they were looking into doing that.

Trying a quick search in old forum posts just was taking too long..... :biggrin:

Remember, they won't be backlit after placing them on your keyboard - the LEDs will bleed a little light from under the edges but not through the letters/characters.

All I can say is that I am 100% certain that at least one post was made from an admin or a Corsair employee stating that they were looking into doing that.

Trying a quick search in old forum posts just was taking too long..... :biggrin:

Remember, they won't be backlit after placing them on your keyboard - the LEDs will bleed a little light from under the edges but not through the letters/characters.

Ill try some search now that i know it is on this forum.. THANKZ

-----------

*EDIT*--> Found it, heres the link --> http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=99593&highlight=k90

-----------

Also posted something on WASD website if they actually make profiled keycap also with lasor etch lettering. ^_^. Ill post it here if i ever have a answer from them.*

----------------

*EDIT*--> Got the ANSWER:

What i asked:Do you make profiled WASD key by any chance?

Like the WASD and 123456 profiled keys made on the Corsair K60 keyboard?

And if so, can they have laser etched letering also?

Thanks you for a quick answer ^_^

Their reply:Hi,

Sorry, we don't have any special textured keys like that. Thank you.

Best Regards,

Weyman Kwong

WASD Keyboards

392 S. Abbott Ave

Milpitas, CA 95035

Office: (877) 860-6991

Fax: (408) 404-3526

--------------------

As for the special K60 keycap not being with laser etched charaters. Am sure they are thinking of making them now. If not, let me be the first to offically beg ya to make them "Corsair team". :D: At worse i probably would buy them anyway and lasor etch them myself 8P

Heck... i even tought of buying the K60 just to swap thoise keys on the K90.

I love the windows key lock you put on the K90 also.

Just another idea am trying here.

Would love it if we had a TILT key lock also. I often land on that key by accident, and this is often the reason why i get killed in FPS games.

As i notice too late that my control doesn't work no more since its inputing itself in the console itself instead of being my movement keys.

Since i already bought the K90. Any chance of getting that option in the software in a future update? Or maybe putting that option to lock both windows key and Tilt key when we press the lock button in a new firmware update?

• Corsair Employee

I don't have any info about any future accessory's at this time for the keyboards. We do take all users request seriously and i can assure you the product manager has heard this request.

What G78 what do you mean by tilt key lock? alt tab?

First let me correct my typo --> its TILDE not TILT

The Tilde key is the key usually on the left of the '1' key, under the escape key.

Usually this key is used in most FPS gaming for Console drop-down interface where you input commands by typing them textually.

Its usefull for server side and client side commands. OR for advance game scripting ( the games that lets ya script that is)

Its often used for these characters --> \|/ ~

Some MMORPG and RPG started to use those interface for User MOD gaming capability. Witch kinda expand the game engine life.

Some of the game that has the console dropdown menu

Battlefield 2 Battlefield 3 Quake, Quake2, Quake3 Arena, Quake4, Doom, Doom2, Doom3, Castle wolfenstein, Return to castle wolfenstein, Half life, Half-life2, Unreal, Unreal2, Unreal tournement, Blood, Blood2, Fear, Fear2. And the list goes on and on....

Right now you have a WINDOWS KEY lock button on the upper right of the K90 keyboard. A lil lock symbol on it.

Would be great if it was be possible to lock the TILDE KEY also with the WINDOWS KEY... When i say lock i mean to disable that key when the LOCK button is lit.

So if i ever press by accident either the WINDOWS KEY or the TILDE KEY it wont do anything if the LOCK BUTTON is lit.

Hope that clears everything up ^_^

hey g78 I have exaclty the same problem - often hitting Tilde key on my k90 when playing BF3 == instant confusion == instant death! :D

What would be handy is if you could specify additional keys to be 'locked' when windows game lock is engaged.

pat.

I believe in BF3 you can disable that key if you want.

Hmm.. where, how? Am all ears ^_^, or eyes in this case.

It cant be in the Key layout menu, as there nothing in there saying "Drop console" or "Tilde" or "CMD Window"

**EDIT**

Up to now i dont see any option in BF3 to disable the Tilde key. And i dont want to disable the Tilde command, as i sometime take screen shots in game with the M90 macros. I only want to disable the key itself on the K90. And i dont want to pull that key out either.

Am checking the Console command also, but its probably the command itself that it disable. IF it does exist. Witch i dont want since am taking screen shots.

hey g78 I have exaclty the same problem - often hitting Tilde key on my k90 when playing BF3 == instant confusion == instant death! :D

What would be handy is if you could specify additional keys to be 'locked' when windows game lock is engaged.

pat.

Yeah, am trying to use the mouse to switch weapons to avoid the tendency to press on the "1" key. But its not easy to stop old habits. And once per 10 press i do accidentally press the Tilde key.

• Corsair Employee

I'm not 100% if in BF3 if under the control options if you can set the ` to another key? Can anyone confirm? I will have to check tonight.

I recently set macros to use all the weapons keys on my mouse. keys 1 - 5. I love it because know I do not have to move my fingers from the WASD keys.

Yeah am trying to get use to weapon select on the mouse also.

Still, having the tilde lock on the keyboard would be great.

Keep me posted if you find anything. ^_^

Since we are on the BF3 subject, is it me or, the command on that game are sluggish compare to its predecessor, BF2 and Bad Company.

I often press crouch and it doesn't do anything, i have to repress it to make it work. Same with jump, or often after a sprint it reset all commands by itself. i know it aint the mouse cause in other game it works #1. And this, on the pro gamer level, is inexcusable.

So i might tryout a modified jump and crouch... forcing the M90 to press jump twice on one click.. This should at least fix the first two.

• 3 weeks later...
For weapon selection on the mouse, you need to macro a button with a key from the keyboard.

Yeah i did that. But it doesn't change much. The bugs are from BF3 not the mouse or keyboard. I know am a fussy player 8P. I just hate it when it blocks all my commands while am doing a combination of many while playing. And i hate it even more when it doesn't reply to my commands right away after. They really messed up the responsiveness of the game in BF3. In BF2 only the flower menu messed it up, so i deactivated it and it resolved all the probs using the shortcut instead. But In BF3 its not just the flower menu, it the whole game itself. EA do have a bad rep to rush game for $$$... But now i dont want to touch BF3 no more it pisses me off to be killed because the commands doesn't respond. Up to now never saw any game engine that really responded to fraction of a second impulses like Quake3 did. And am not the only one thinking this. The console market messed up the market of true hardcore FPS with those awfull gamepad. The day ID software will make another dedicated multiplayer game engine like Quake3, will be a joyous day for me.

There are some game out there that are pretty good with responsiveness of mouse and keyboard, but i just dont feel the edge that i had in Quake3. And most game are mostly eyecandy and messed up console commands interface.

---------------

Returning to the BF3 subject, when i bind "F" to one of the button of the M90, i cant do the "hold the F key for 2 second" thing to keep the knife. I can only do a quick knife swap and return to previous weapon and add a second button to keep the knife as main weapon.

Having those 3 new functionality (On mouse button press, On mouse button release, on mouse button hold) on the M90 is a must. I have absolutely no doubt about this.

And to actually be able to sequence a macro both with keyboard keys and snipe button would be heavenly.

Sure hope you will add all this eventually on the M90 software, or at worse on your next mouse model release if it cant be done on this one, maybe with that half pressed button feature on it. I know i said that already on another post.. Guess am getting old. ^_^

• 1 month later...

sorry for the delayed reply,

my button 13 is to quickly swap out out the knife and attack. Then it goes back to previous weapon.

I know that the knife Key in BF3 when you hold it for 5 seconds you keep the knife. In the editor of the M90 you cannot do that. Since its a macro and the Onpress and Onrelease aint a option, it cannot be done. Am not saying i want it to do this... Am just trying to explain how the editor is limited for programming macros.

Anyway, am not playing BF3 anymore... Game just pisses me off. Way too much glitch and really bad responsiveness.

• 1 year later...
No updates as of yet. I know we are working to update the software.

Hi all, greetings. I am a new K95 user. I am too looking a way to disable the tilde key.

You mention in your software/application this is not possible. In future, can you guys give a thought to produce such function in your software? It would be really help us the FPS gamers.

Hope you can forward this suggestion to your DEV team.

Cheers!

Archived