Corsair Community

Hooking up 9 ML120 PRO RGB fans. Noob needs help

TG_

My main question is if I can follow this exact diagram with the ML RGB fans with the h150i pro and if I need will any usb header splitters or anything like that using an aorus master z390 mobo with an hx1000i psu. It has 2 usb headers on the board.

https://imgur.com/dMbVSoz

Also, if I don't want to use LED strips can I just ignore the lighting node pro?

• Corsair Employee

Hey TG_, I think you should OK with that diagram.

Make note, the three devices that need USB headers in that diagram are the Commander Pro, the H150i Pro, and your PSU. You should be able to connect both the PSU's and cooler's USB header to the Commander Pro, then the Commander Pro to the motherboard header. Essentially, subbing the Lighting Node Pro's USB header connection with the cooler.

This should free up one USB header on your motherboard.

Hmm ok I think I understand.

So the usb connection from the AIO....I would need some kind of extender most likely because that cable is quite short. That is the one that plugs into the mount that fastens onto the cpu correct?

Also, the header from the PSU to the pro...does the hx1000i come with a cable that will reach that far? I believe you can use their a 4pin or mini usb connection? Does it matter which one is used?

Thank you again for your help! This is quite over whelming to me.