Corsair Community

SK8N w/ XMS512RE-3200LLPT

DC12B

I have purchased 2 sets of TWINX1024-3200LLPT (2 sticks of cmx512re-3200LLPT) and have the same issues with both pairs. The first set I installed would lockup or blue screen my OS when I tried to run any application. The second set was not as bad but would have the same issue during intense 3D games. I have been running a set of TwinX1024RE-3200LL (2 sticks of cmx512RE-3200LL) with no problems for 3 months. I installed the first set of 3200LLPT in a identical computer setup and determined they were defective since i had the same issue. I RMA'ed that set back to the retailer and installed my new set in my computer with the 3200LL. Still the same problem.So i removed the 3200LL and ran the 3200LLPT alone. Same issue. So.....I reinstalled my old 3200LL and everything is fine again. Is there something i'm missing here or just bad luck? these should be the same thing except the platinum heat spreaders correct? BTW..I read some posts about the ECC compatability issue on these forums....good info. thought there was somethin up with the damn ECC enable. *****A update on info...my 3200LL is rev 1 and the 3200LLPT is rev 1.1 hope that is enough info ....please help My specs Asus SK8N MB AMD FX-51 CPU ATI 9800XT WD Raptor SATA 74 GB WD 120GB IDE Plextor 708a DVD/CD/RW Thermaltake 480W PS OS WIN XP Home

Well....after reading some forums and tinkering around with my memory voltages I seem to have gotten this thing to stablize. My default in bios was set to 2.5. So I raised it to 2.6. Seems fine now.

Archived