Corsair Community

What non-Corsair 120mm Rads fit into the rear of the Graphite 380T?

kc5vdj

I am thinking of an exterior fan mount on the back (with finger guard), but want a rad on the inside in the 120mm by 25-30mm class. Aluminum fins are okay, but the tank and tubes in the rad have to be copper.

What is known to fit. I know there are some who have managed to fit a 120mm in the back (I recall one show build over at overclock.net that I can't remember where it was).

Now that the intended board is released for the 380T that we bought (Maximus VIII Impact), we want to finalize our shopping list, which currently has the Alphacool ST240 and XT120 for the side and the front (yes, I will use Blitz Pro). We will be using a Fury-X with either the EKWB or the Aquacomputer Fury-X block (we are leaning to the Aquacomputer, as it actually looks much nicer).

So far I figure if I can get one in the back, and I know others have, I won't have to dremel out everything inside of the ribs on the front porch of the upper deck, and can keep the 3.5" bays. If I have to cut, it appears that the ribs/ridges/whateveryacallit must be intact for structural integrity. I would rather not cut that section out to begin with, as the EKWB 100mm PWM DDC 3.2 pump/res mounting will get complicated if I do, where it is rather simple, and will look nice if I don't cut.

This is NOT a question about AIO/CLC rads. We are talking full custom loop.

It's actually easier to fit a 120mm rad into the front of the chassis, and typically a slightly thicker one, too. I know the 38mm H80i fits up there at least.

Yeah, I've done the measurements there, and figure I can get a Alphacool XT45 120 up front, and a ST30 240 in the side. I've seen people put a Monsta (what is it? 84mm?) up there, but that means the res and pump have to go below, and usually requires some cutting of the section between the ribs on the front porch. If I have to do any cutting, it will only be a small section towards the front edge of the front porch to fit a 45mm in perfectly. The fan for it will be on the front of the chassis anyway. I plan to keep a lower fan on the front for just cooling disk drives.

I really don't want to lose the 3.5" bays though, and the EKWB PWM DDC mini-tube res/pump assembly will stand vertically on the right side of the front porch, with only a shim to create a flat surface to mount it to. I would have to drill through the front porch for that, but no cutting, and have nice visibility looking through the left window at the res positioned behind and forward of the Fury-X (we are strongly considering the Aquacomputing block for the Fury-X over the EKWB block, just because it would probably look better with the copper being a nice transition color between the yellow of the chassis and red accents of the Maximus VIII Impact.

I have the question floating around at some other forums too. I have heard of a 120 being fitted to the rear position, but I'm just wondering which. I can probably get away with just the XT45 up front, after all, the Fury-X has nice temps with that Cooler Master AIO built-in, but, it also likely has flow characteristics of the typical 120mm AIO, and not 1000lph at over 5 meters of head pressure. Then again, the stock Fury-X doesn't have to share it's loop with a CPU, as this will, because there is no way I can fit two full custom loops in and make it look good while keeping the 3.5" drive bay.

The theme here is overkill mITX with full custom loop.

Archived