Corsair Community

H90 high temp's a year down the line

madwulf

I'm looking for advice on what could cause much much higher temperatures on my H90 loop, few things i want to mention first, i have no clue why cpuZ thinks my core voltage is so high, my motherboard tools tell me otherwise (around the 1.28 voltage mark) iv already cleaned the radiator of dust when feeling inside at the radiator when the computer is running the radiator isnt even warm when i touch it and yet im getting cpu temperatures like this nothing else has really changed internally past a replacement graphics card that i cant see being the cause of the issue

(Year old temperatures)

http://puu.sh/fqrDd/fe2a6dbbd2.jpg

(new temperatures overclocking removed due to hitting TJ max @4.1ghz )

http://puu.sh/fqr5T/60c112f731.png

Have you reset your bios,removing just the OC may still leave settings

you may try using new paste,perhaps the paste has reduced heat transfer

are both rad tubes @ the same temp?

this is normal where as 1 hot 1 cold indicates flow issues...

The BIOS/motherboard is a good guess, but it all depends on which voltage CPUZ is actually reporting as recent CPUs/motherboards have several CPU voltages. From the screen shot I can't tell as I did not write CPUZ. If I had the CPUZ save file I suspect I could. With a screen shot of the my SIV utilities Menu->Tools->Sensor Debug panel I would stand an even better chance.

• Corsair Employee

I checked; that version should be reading Haswell's voltage correctly, yet those readings look suspiciously like VRIN readings. And realistically, if the CPU was running at those voltages it'd be toast.

It could very well be that the H90 is having issues. Check the pump speed, fan speed configurations, all that.

You say the radiator is cool? You could be low on fluid. Give your H90 radiator a shake and listen for air bubbles. Cooling fluid evaporates after a while, even in a sealed system. Be sure to hold the water block against it when you do, don't stress the hoses. The pump should be running around 1500 and connected to the CPU fan header.

Hope this helps

Archived